Split screen vs dual monitor for CAD workstation

gp2prostho

gp2prostho

Reaction score
Wanted to get people's opinions on using a split screen format on a wide screen monitor vs using a dual monitor setup when running multiple programs like exocad, blueskyplan, and meshmixer (or any other CAD/implant planning softwares). not a big computer guy, so wasn't sure what the ins and outs may be and if theres more to consider than just cost. any feedback greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance.

ryan

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I'll vote for two monitors. When using implant planning software there are many views on the screen at once. Split screen would be too small for this IMO.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Wanted to get people's opinions on using a split screen format on a wide screen monitor vs using a dual monitor setup when running multiple programs like exocad, blueskyplan, and meshmixer (or any other CAD/implant planning softwares). not a big computer guy, so wasn't sure what the ins and outs may be and if theres more to consider than just cost. any feedback greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance.

ryan
If you have space, multi monitor is always the way to go. You'll never feel like one is enough again.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Getting ready to set up 2 monitors in my new workstation. Just make sure you set them up in displays so that they are side by side and you can drag windows over to the other monitor.

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
I actually switched from my dual 32" monitor set up ti a single Samsung 3K curved monitor which I very much prefer.

The curve enables me to more easily look particular to the monitor by just rotating my head slightly- much more ergonomic and I get a truer view.

With the dual monitors I was constantly shifting and getting up in its face- it seemed like I was peering around the corner to get any good look at the screen that had images or even text I had to concentrate on. Then the is the color differences that occurs, even with a calibrated monitor.

I was originally worried that I would miss the realestate but not really so much.

Having said, that I have another office with a dual monitor setup that I am about to replace with a Samsung 49" curved monster. That should be sweet!

You might want to check a curved monitor out just to see how they may or may not be a better solution for you.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Another vote for two monitors here ,,,,,It is comical when I try to drag an item across to the other screen when each screen is independently run on different computers .
20twio.jpg

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I am not as computer literate like you guys to justify for two screens Dontknow... but I type with two fingers if that counts...:D

user name

user name

Reaction score
Set your coffee down before you read this...

I use two monitors. (the colored picture thingys)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I have to switch back and forth between multiple screens a lot.
It's so hard to get the white out off after I've typed something.

J

Jorge

Reaction score
Some scanners have a projector inside so you are already using two ports of the graphic card in those computers.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I rock dual monitors but a co worker has a wide screen lg and split screen is pretty cool I could see either working out but is comes down to personal preference. For me its multiple monitors, i prefer three but I ran out of room.
443ed4a105877537613a6b95703eaa35.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom