Six implant-direct bar thingys...?

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
The bottom of a hybrid should be convex as much as possible to avoid food from packing.
You already answered your question in your first sentence. Ti does not chemically bond
to acrylic, (to a certain point). You also have acrylic going around your bar post on the same seam.
There will be micro areas that food will be difficult to remove. The flat surface seam as you have,
especially on the bottom is not a good design, period! Once food is trapped in that area, it stays there
til the patient cleans it. I would simply pull the lingual metal up to create a convex angle off the center
of the ridge, and pull the seam out to the buccal creating the same. If you are going to ridge lap this,
do it from the facial/buccal. Patients will have a tough time trying to get floss in a ridge lapped lingual.
Also you need much more pin (mechanical) retention.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
droberts, I think in this situation a convex design on the ridge is impossible. There is absolutely no room vertically, also if the anterior implants were more labial there might be an opportunity to do so. If the good doctor thinks avoiding metal on the tissue he needs to be educated. Not saying it cant be done, sure it can be done, but its gonna be bulky because of acrylic and having a weak framework because of inadequate thickness. This goes back to the response of having metal low on the lingual. Now because of the implant placement, a modified ridge lap design cannot be avoided if it is to be a one piece design. Which goes back to my original question.....detachable or screw retained? Detachable/overdenture would avoid the hygiene concerns by allowing the patient the ability to clean properly.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
screw-retained..and I think must be half-saddle (Modified ridge-lap). Otherwise would look rediculous. People don't want to look like "the Terminator" when they smile with hardware under their freaky-floating-above-ridge teeth.

Everything went back to Doc to double and triple-check the bite.

Maybe something is not right? The 3d-print of bars also going to Doc to look at and suggest whatever direction to go in.

My scanning is done (unless wax-up is now wrong due to bite being incorrect?) just need to agree on a bar shape and maybe even print it again before CNC machining?

Scott

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Here is two photos of what I have explained above. No metal to the facial, bringing the
lingual up higher to the teeth, and no ridge lap with metal/acrylic. With Scotts design
the acrylic is hanging off the labial / buccal with not much for support. I had plenty of room
on this case due to the fixture level height of the implant. With the amount of room presented
above, I would use the same design as in the photo even on a modified ridge lap as well. JMO... IMG_1916.jpg IMG_1918.jpg IMG_1916.jpg IMG_1912.jpg
IMG_1918.jpg IMG_1912.jpg

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
droberts, your photos show exactly how I would do it, however it does not look like *** has the room(1),and 2: the good doctor does not want metal on the tissue. Admire your workv a lot, great stuff always.

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Your software is too limited...

There enough room in this case to do what your doctors is asking...

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks! That helps me a lot. :rolleyes:

I work for other labs, not Docs.

They wanted the wrap around design.

I bet we can design anything you can.

What would you like to see?

I accept your challange!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Well, this is what the customers wants now.....

Screw channel raised up to surface everywhere....?

I showed him, and they said OK. Don't change anything.

??

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
??? Well, this is what the customer wanted....
My software seemed to do the job just fine.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe we need to up the voltage a wee-bit?

Still has hint of Gold hue?

Depends on the lighting...

I think I may just leave it alone, and the customer will probably ZAP some resin Pink opaque on it?

At least he has an easier job and may get it in One coat?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Hey it beats grey any day! I would have tweaked the design for more acrylic retention and support however. Nice job though ***.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
WHAT?

Dude, the acrylic is wrapping around the bar, and the tubes.

How the F would it possibly need any more retention?

You'd have to beat it for an hour with a hammer to get the resin to come off the bar.

I think you guys are over-obsessed with retention for some reason??

What's the deal?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Nice job! Was just stating my preference. Obviously you have to please your client. Isn't that what this forum is about? Sharing ideas! From the initial screen shots provided it seems like the anterior cantilever is rather huge, and I'm not quite comfortable The design has obviously changed from the initial proposal. Don't get your drawers in a wad, get rid of your wedgie!

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
LOL.......No wonder! Must be an everyday thingy.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Scott, sorry to say. The bar design does need some help. More retention? YES
If your client is planning on using the tubes for retention, not gonna happen.
The design needs to support the prosthesis ( tooth Set-up ),not just connect the
dots on the screen together. By the way, dont get your balls caught in the zipper...

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Scott, sorry to say. The bar design does need some help. More retention? YES
If your client is planning on using the tubes for retention, not gonna happen.
The design needs to support the prosthesis ( tooth Set-up ),not just connect the
dots on the screen together. By the way, dont get your balls caught in the zipper...[/quote]

Sounds like it already happened.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This is why I love DLN !

Top Bottom