Sirona Inlab Scanner

B

biodentalab

Reaction score
Can anyone share experience with Inlab ineos sacanner blue?
We are about to make an acqusition and we need 3rd party opinions.
Thank you in advance. Caleb.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
i'm not saying anything cause i have a red, but i will plead on your behalf that someone shares their honest evaluation cause i would love to know.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
What is it exactly you want to know?

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
Buy a 3shape instead ;) honest advice here. I

KTR

KTR

Reaction score
The inEos Blue is very fast and you can move the model to almost any position to complete a bad spot. With 4.0 you can print to any open 3d printer and you can export open STL to any milling center if needed. One negative, the 4.0 software locks down your selection of blocks with the mcxl.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Everyone here will tell you anything Sirona is trash compared to what else is available. If you want bad scans and clunky, dated design software at a co$$$t then go for it, otherwise look elsewhere (whitelight scanner+exocad or 3Shape).

C

crdl

Reaction score
Everyone here will tell you anything Sirona is trash compared to what else is available. If you want bad scans and clunky, dated design software at a co$$$t then go for it, otherwise look elsewhere (whitelight scanner+exocad or 3Shape).

I would argue that point! I've been using inLab for 8 years now, and have fantastic results. My opionion is, that the bad reviews are based on a lack of trainging and true understanding of the system. As an in-house tech for several Cerec doctors (that want the convience of "same day" crowns, but don't want the hassle of doing the lab steps themselves) I get to see the results (esthetcis, fit, x-rays) everyday. Beleive me.. this works!

Now... is every crown perfect? NO. But is every PFM or pressable done by hand perfect? Of course not!

Is there a better system out there? Possibly, but once you have inLab dialed in... I think it's untouchable, due to all the material choices, and types of restorations (custom abutments, cad-on, wax milling, model milling, etc...)!
And now it is an open architecture system. So, the options are almost limitless!

I'm sure that I just made myself very unpopular on this forum, but Sirona is a good product when the lab and the doctors both understand how to use it properly. I'm sure this is similar with any intraoral cad/cam system.

Last edited:
PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt that you can get good results with the system, and one key point you made would be different than what most of us here do... In-house tech for some Cerec Docs. That means that you and the docs have dialed in the preps, and done some trial and error work , plus you can bail out some iffy mills if need be. That goes a long way in getting the most out of any system. For someone like myself, I see a myriad of prep designs, and not all are great. So for me, couple that with a larger volumes in my lab, and the limitations of the Sirona system begin to become more blatantly obvious. Also, I dont like milled eMax, for a variety of reasons.

C

crdl

Reaction score
Your point is absolutely valid.

I'm curious, are you currently using any milling system? If so, which?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I would argue that point! I've been using inLab for 8 years now, and have fantastic results. My opionion is, that the bad reviews are based on a lack of trainging and true understanding of the system. As an in-house tech for several Cerec doctors (that want the convience of "same day" crowns, but don't want the hassle of doing the lab steps themselves) I get to see the results (esthetcis, fit, x-rays) everyday. Beleive me.. this works!

Now... is every crown perfect? NO. But is every PFM or pressable done by hand perfect? Of course not!

Is there a better system out there? Possibly, but once you have inLab dialed in... I think it's untouchable, due to all the material choices, and types of restorations (custom abutments, cad-on, wax milling, model milling, etc...)!
And now it is an open architecture system. So, the options are almost limitless!

I'm sure that I just made myself very unpopular on this forum, but Sirona is a good product when the lab and the doctors both understand how to use it properly. I'm sure this is similar with any intraoral cad/cam system.
well, your opinion is great and appreciated...but you said the favorite line that technical support always blames the problem on....The USER! Never the precious inlab. i took advanced courses at LVI with leading sirona techs, California with lee culp, California at vita, Eddie corrales in Utah, and ed flocken. and the system, albeit the red, is complete trash! so why did i keep taking course after course? because it was touted as the best, the reps and support said it was needed,
and we dropped over $100g's on it! we had to make it work
i have used 6 different scanners, 5 different software programs...guess which one comes in last? sirona inlab Cerec!
i can go on but its already been said. is there a way all the google searches of sirona inlab and Cerec will bring up threads of the many disappointed users?
sorry if it feels like an attack, but you said the words i can't accept quietly. thank you for your input though

C

crdl

Reaction score
Not taken as an attack... How many of those courses you took were acutally focused on using the system correctly? I've also taken quite a few, most of which show you the basics of the program (yes, even the advanced classes),and then focus on getting esthetic results (layering ceramic).

Did you work with your doctors and teach them how to use the system as well? I agree that if the preps are not quailty, the results are going to be less than desired. However, what milling system will deliver the results we all want with sub par preps? None that I've seen!

What system is number 1 in your opionion? I'm not a Sirona only kind of guy, but it does work, and work well, when used properly by the lab and the Dr. (It DOES take an understanding by both parties)

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I'd say 75% of classes were hands on with the system in frontof me. it was my sole responsibility to get that thing running. we at 20 man lab. so my entire day based around it.
i called and talked with doctors, sent prop guides, called and said, "sorry this prop just won't work, well have to use a different company which will cost you a bit more."
i would go 3 shape with a number of mills, Roland, origin, Bruxzir mill, wieland. w sent files to many who have wanted out Milling work.
second thing you say that is such a downer for sirona inlab is that it did require a perfect prep. no way around it. we now confidently mill zirconia on the most hideous pros and have metal sintered, PMMA,z, and wax printed with awesome fits and one or two touches to inside or margin.
so, i have found sirona inlab to be the only one I've used that is limited to one style prep.

i also like the origin intelligence scanner, good fits...just don't like the software as much as 3 shape

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"My opionion is, that the bad reviews are based on a lack of trainging and true understanding of the system"

good god, are you really that disillusioned?

really cant be bothered to spend any more energy on the topic of this system but Biodentlab, please do your self a huge favour and STAY WELL AWAY from this system.

Theres better software, better scanners and better mills for the same or less money..the end.

Last edited:
harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
Hmm... perhaps I should've read the OP more carefully.

My experience with bluecam was rather horrid. The whole experience with inlab was pretty crappy. I had to spend half the day grinding away coping to seat them. I actually dreaded coming to work back then. It was so frustrating to get unit after unit which I had to waste so much time and effort to just make them fit. Now with Origin, fitting takes at most a quick touch up, and margins are actually closed. I enjoy coming to work again, and it's like a dark cloud has lifted from my mind.

If you don't care much about closed margins, and you need to mill tons of emax crowns, it might work for you. Otherwise, avoid this inaccurate and overpriced system.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"It was so frustrating to get unit after unit which I had to waste so much time and effort to just make them fit. Now with Origin, fitting takes at most a quick touch up, and margins are actually closed. I enjoy coming to work again, and it's like a dark cloud has lifted from my mind."

Ah another member for Sirona users annonymous.

I just wish a was the "special type of person" that could use this system :rolleyes:

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
biodentlab. please share what you decide to do and how you feel about the results!

C

crdl

Reaction score
Please feel free to bash the inLab system as much as you need! I'm simply saying that in my hands (and situation) it works, and I would have absolutely no hesitations to compare my fits, margins, and anything else with most labs pressed or milled crowns. In fact I have, and I'm still using it.

Again, just my opinion...

P

paulg100

Reaction score
another thing to help make your mind up, ring around a load of milling centres and see how many are using an inos scanner and software....

be amazed if you find even 1, now ask yourself why that is and what a milling centre or lab geared around cad/cam is looking for?

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
another thing to help make your mind up, ring around a load of milling centres and see how many are using an inos scanner and software....

be amazed if you find even 1, now ask yourself why that is and what a milling centre or lab geared around cad/cam is looking for?

I'm not a big fan of sirona either. The thing I am interested in is docs that currently don't use it cuz they don't know how. I want them to send me the files and I export them into my 3Shape. I don't want to use inLab software or designing, I want to use 3Shape then mill with my Roland. The way I see it is that docs want to get into digital impressions, either iTero, Trios, whatever the ones that have already invested in sirona are already there. I just need to get them to send to me and try it my way.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
What are the Cerec Inlab setups going for now a days with the milling machine blue scanner? I worked on the Compact and red scanner for years and it was decent for frameworks and what not, but nothing compared to the products out on the market now, and their prices are comparable to get up and running full in house milling, why would you go backwards for the
same price if not less?