SINTERING question.

D

digimiller

Reaction score
Hello Friends,

I am trying to maintain a "GOOD" milling centre, i have a problem in terms of colour from sintered crowns. I am using AG and it is coming out: Dark, Shiny, Not enough translucency and Dead looking". I have increased the overall temp 100 degress more than suggested 1450.

On the other hand I do Argen STML and the colours come out very good. Please advise what I could improve? Is is the furnace or my temperature or hold time (130 mins). I do use beads and beadless with same results.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Friends,

I am trying to maintain a "GOOD" milling centre, i have a problem in terms of colour from sintered crowns. I am using AG and it is coming out: Dark, Shiny, Not enough translucency and Dead looking". I have increased the overall temp 100 degress more than suggested 1450.

On the other hand I do Argen STML and the colours come out very good. Please advise what I could improve? Is is the furnace or my temperature or hold time (130 mins). I do use beads and beadless with same results.
Last Calibration?
Have you had it come out reliably pretty on a regular basis before?
bad puck?
Bad element?
What furnace?

Lots of places to start.

D

digimiller

Reaction score
Sintra pro... Argen I used recommended temp and it's good colour. It's a brand new furnace. I'm getting a Dakema this week as well. I can't remember last time it was good... I sinter about 20 units minimum in a tray

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Sintra pro... Argen I used recommended temp and it's good colour. It's a brand new furnace. I'm getting a Dakema this week as well. I can't remember last time it was good... I sinter about 20 units minimum in a tray
Brand new firnace itself mqy he the issue. Takes a couple to 'hurn in'

A

A. M.

Reaction score
If the Argen zirconia comes out good, it's not the furnace.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
What material of AG are you using?

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
In the Sintra Pro, if you are not stacking the trays, the muffle platform sucks about 30 degrees of temp out of the lower tray. We stack the trays, using an empty lower one directly on the muffle platform first. If we have more units to fit in, we will put lower sintering zirconia in the lower tray.

D

digimiller

Reaction score
AG: Zolid Preshaded... Muffle Information... WOw

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
AG: Zolid Preshaded... Muffle Information... WOw
Like RDA said above, use both dishes but only utilize the uppermost restorations for sintering with the Sintra Plus. Seems to under fire from my past experience, a while back now. Definitely get your units up from the base and in fact, closer to the thermo-coupler at the same time, Hope this helps!