Senior Dental Tech Seeking Employment Everywhere

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

As of July 6th give or take, I'll will no longer be working in my current position.
I am willing to travel at my expense, anywhere, for an employment opportunity that
is too good to pass up. Is this you?

Below I have pasted my resume. I have removed most personal info since this is very public.
If interested in speaking with me at all, I will gladly send to you a proper copy of my resume
along with several letters of recomendation from my current and previous employers.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Marc!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marc XXXX
92X-XX1-9XX9
XXXXXXX, CA 91XXX
[email protected]

-Objective-

To find a permanent position as a “high quality” lab technician and further my career in dental technology.

-Experience-

For the last 10 years I have excelled rapidly in my knowledge of dental technology. I am capable of performing all tasks in the field from model work to finished restoration whether working with removable or permanent prosthesis. Having worked in production labs and quality labs I feel I can adjust quickly to any lab environment. The knowledge and skills I have accumulated in my previous years has led me to feel I am a real tradesman as well as a dental technician. However it is understood that even many years from now, I will still be learning, and I'm looking forward to it. I love what I do.

-Job History-

DentalXXXXX - Los Angeles, CA. Jan 2010-present
Upon moving to the Los Angeles area I took this job in a small lab of about 20 technicians. I was hired by the owners to be Lab Manager. My duties included the quality inspection of all incoming and outgoing cases. Delegating work flow to technicians daily. Communicating with doctors regarding all inquiries. Overseeing all shipping and receiving duties. Overseeing inventory and supply. All with great success. Shortly after my hire date the lab owner purchased an Imes-Icore 340i dry mill along with 3shape, Sum3D, and Rhino3D. In addition to already existing older Zirkonzahn and Ceric systems I was expected to learn and oversee milling operations. It was a success. In a short time I was training technicians to use the software and maintain the mills. I learned many aspects of CNC machining that became very useful when troubleshooting problems with the software and the hardware. In the end, the labs milling center was successfully producing zirconia framework designs that most milling centers wouldn't bother troubling themselves with. This was a direct result of our ability to create our own milling strategies for milling specific designs. I have learned so much about CNC machining I am confident I could surpass any expectations one may have in my knowledge of digital dental technology.

XXXXX Dental Lab - Las Vegas, NV July 2007 – Dec 2010
As the single employee I shared responsibilitie with the lab owner to complete approximately one hundred units a month for very few dentists with a three week turn around. These were high quality restorations that were sold for about $200 a unit depending on the product. Daily I would manage between a wide variety of tasks including but not limited to diagnostic wax ups, additive/reductive models, model work, wax & metal finish, waxing & pressing, full gold, casting, opaque, porcelain build/finish, ext. Another way to put it is I could say that i was the muscle and my employer was the artist. It was also highly expected of me to complete each task with nothing less than perfection as this lab dealt diligently with the “cosmetics,” of quality dentistry. I owe this former employer much gratitude. What I learned in this dental lab gives me confidence that I can find dental work almost anywhere its needed.

XXXXXXX Dental - Lake Havasu City, AZ March 2004 - July 2007
This is a dental laboratory consisting of approximately 200 employees. I worked in the crown and bridge department with about 10 other technicians. Daily I would complete 25 - 35 units that included waxing and metal finishing anything from single copings to roundhouses. This also included a wide variety of metal occlusions, splints, adapts, rest seats, attachments, splints, wings, windows, etc... Being a production lab, there wasn’t much emphasis on quality, rather quantity. After 4 months of employment, I was breaking production records in the wax and metal department. If I were forced to choose what part of the field I considered myself best at during this point in my career. It would be waxing and metal finishing framework.

XXXXX Denture Lab – Lake Havasu City, AZ Sept 2002 – March 2004
My first job in the field was fabricating RPD’s in my employer’s home. As the only employee I shared all responsibilities with my employer. On a daily basis I would performs relines and rebases as our doctors needed, model work, wax work, metal casting/finishing, anterior & posterior sets, acrylic/valplast injection, ext. As a denture tech, I was in constant contact with our doctors regarding fit/alignment which finely tuned my communication skills with like minded colleges, which was very helpful in the years to come.

-References-
Sean XXXXX - Owner/Marketing Exec of xxxxxxx. - 805-807-XXXX
Nick XXXXX - Owner/Marketing Exec of xxxxxxx - 805-807-XXXX
Ron XXXXX - Owner/Operator xxxxxx Dental Lab - 702-277-XXXX
Darlene XXXXX - XXXX XXXX General Manager - 928-230-XXXX
Debbie XXXXX - XXXX XXXX CAD/CAM Manager - 928-505-XXXX
Angela XXXXX - XXXX XXXX Porcelain Manager - 928-208-XXXX​
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
no offense, but it looks like youve moved around a lot.. whos to say youre not going to do it again after hiring you? I just assume this is what a potential employer might ask...
I only bring this up because your resume, would look a lot like mine if I wasnt self-employed.. Ive moved 9x in 8years haha

Impressive resume though, you shouldnt have a hard time finding something.. Supply and demand baby!

Oh and your spellcheck missed 'colleagues'

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Well I left my hometown of Lake Havasu to help take care of a very sick loved one in Las Vegas...
A few years after moving to Las Vegas, the city died. And I couldnt find work anywhere.
That's when I headed for the nearest metropolitan area, Los Angeles.
Also, all my previous employers are available for contact as everything is on good terms.
Thanks for your input, its much appreciated although i would have to argue holding 4 positions in 10 years isn't really much moving around.

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe its not to you, but some employers are not willing to take a risk if they think someone will only be there 2-3 years. I wasnt criticizing, just sayin..

When I was looking for a management position with a big company several years back, it was brought up in an interview that I moved around, and it wasnt even that much.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
The lab cant compete with todays prices. Everyone wants $50 crowns and we lost to much business this way. Most likely outsourcing...
It was relized while visiting dr offices and always noticeing the mailers advertising insanely cheap crowns... its sad.
Also, I would have liked to continue living in lake havasu working for the same company, but when someone you love gets cancer and your told your best options are spending your time with doctors in las vegas, well then you pack your things and make the move. As far as getting laid off in Las Vegas, that was sad. I saw it happening all around me and didnt think it was going to happen to our lab of 2. But it it and it hit fast. So it was time to go to. Not by choice, just circumstance.
THX folks.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
good luck marcus!!

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Had a nice Chat with Mark today, I am looking forward to having him stop by the lab.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Thankyou for taking the time to speak with me John.
Kevin I have emailed you an uncensored resume, TY for your interest.

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
god speed Marcus.
wishing you the best.

f#@k outsourcing. :thefinger:

S

squarebiovest

Reaction score
Hey Marc,

I cant be of any assistance to you, instead i request your help for my Ineos Red scanner for installation and calibration.
I recently purchased Ineos red with SW V2.7. I built my own PC: i5 (2nd Gen) 2.88 GHz, Asus Geforce silent 210 (1GB) graphic card, VIA/TI 1394 fire wire card, DVD combo, no serial ports on board, 6GB DDR3 RAM.

After installing the software as described in manual, I get error msg " a communication problem occurred with image acquisition card 2000005". It asks for calibration unit "A" but the camera does not click and ask for calibration unit "B"

Can please somebody help me installing the scanner and calibrating it.

Thanks in advance.

T

Thetoothfairy2

Reaction score
Hi Marc,
Have you secured a position yet? I would like to talk if you are interested. I am located in Houston.
[email protected]

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Hello, everyone...
I wont be working in a lab for a while.
I am going to relax for a bit.
I am going to go lay in the sun in AZ for a little while...
See you all later...

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Hope your sick loved one is getting better. Peace.
LCM

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Hello, everyone...
I wont be working in a lab for a while.
I am going to relax for a bit.
I am going to go lay in the sun in AZ for a little while...
See you all later...

Laying in the AZ sun for a while is going to turn you in to Beef Jerky.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
nah you need to dehydrate meat before it goes jerky. marcus will need to lose a few pounds first.

lol jk marcus. have fun in the sun :)