Scanning with Guide Pin

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Good Afternoon all,

I am looking to scan a case that has a guide pin in the socket for an implant, however being shiny and in a weird position it is tough to get a good quality scan of it, I have tried sandblasting it, and spraying it with scanner spray and it picks it up, the image is just crappy...
Anyone have any thoughts on how to get a better image?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
got any pics? what scanner?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
First off, way too much spray. You have soo much spray on there it is cracking like a woman who has put on way too much foundation. Yikes, a light coat is all that is needed even in my d700 a light spray works well. What about the scan pic.?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
First off, way too much spray. You have soo much spray on there it is cracking like a woman who has put on way too much foundation. Yikes, a light coat is all that is needed even in my d700 a light spray works well. What about the scan pic.?

Yeah haha we realized we had a bit to much, it was our final attempt because we were frustrated so ended up just dousing it in the hopes it worked. However the good news is that I had a sudden idea, and now it works perfectly and we got a great scan result.

I capped the end of the pin with scanning wax to stop any excess reflective light from interfering with the scan and removed the fake tissue, a light coating of spray and voila! works like a charm now.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score

The fact that you know what foundation is scares me

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
The fact that you know what foundation is scares me
Clearly you haven't seen a middle eastern women with a pound of foundation on her face!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Clearly you haven't seen a middle eastern women with a pound of foundation on her face!

Come on stop pretending I know you wear manliner and sephora is on your speed dial

Top Bottom