Roland DWX-30 does it worth it ?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hi everybody ,

Today the Greek Roland rep offered me a brand new DWX-30 He has in stock ,for 10.000 euros , including SUM3d CAM . I have to say I am considering it . It would be great for me having a second machine for all the dry milling stuff , and have my Yenadent D 40 for wet milling . The only thing that troubles me is the lack of auto tool change . The lack of 5th axis is another issue , but I already have a 5 axis machine , and I think I can live with that . What is your opinion ? Thanks

C

charles007

Reaction score
10 euros sounds cheap, but on the other side without the auto tool changer, its an antique in today's technology, and more so come the first months of 2013 with more new 5 axis machine hitting the market ...
I would try for a lower price knowing this machine will be almost impossble to sell in less than a year..

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
10 euros sounds cheap, but on the other side without the auto tool changer, its an antique in today's technology, and more so come the first months of 2013 with more new 5 axis machine hitting the market ...
I would try for a lower price knowing this machine will be almost impossble to sell in less than a year..

I am not in a hurry . I am doing more than fine with my machine . It is cheap I think . But having to change the tool manually is just killing me ! The guy is chasing me for over a year to sell me something !!

I will most likely wait , I am sure that the 2013 IDS will be full of small affordable machines . Maybe if he agrees for 5 k , i will consider it !

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
That Roland is just looking for a babysitter :D

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Go for the DWX 50. The auto tool changer is a must. The offering at the proposed price is great. The Sum 3D is worth almost the cost of the package. I think you should buy it. Put the mill up for sale on eBay. Keep the CAM and buy the DWX50.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Go for the DWX 50. The auto tool changer is a must. The offering at the proposed price is great. The Sum 3D is worth almost the cost of the package. I think you should buy it. Put the mill up for sale on eBay. Keep the CAM and buy the DWX50.

I was thinking the same thing . The money they are asking , is a little more than what the CAM cost . Maybe I will wait a bit , I am sure these guys will never sell the DWX 30 , maybe in 6 months they will offer it to me for 7 k or less .

G

Gita

Reaction score
i was seriously thinking of buying DWX 30.. But then decided on DWX 50. A decision i never regret.. i'm buying a second DWX 50 now.
if i were u (in euro) i will never buy DWX 30. it required a baby sitter.. and i think salary is high in euro.

Top Bottom