Replacing geometry of implant, in the CAM....

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Employee Brad made up a new, mill-able, solution to the CAMLog implant.

We use DDG Scan Marker, but the digital CAD file of the implant geometry is impossible to mill.

Cannot mill a perfect square corner.

In Sum3d, we "replace" the original implant CAD file's bottom interface with our own.

We are building up a custom library for SUM3d that includes custom milling operations to that specific bottom only, as well as a replacement bottom interface that we know is CAM-friendly to our machine and tools.

The pics below show original interface, and then the CAD of the new shape, then the automatic replacing by sum3d when importing the file. No clicking needed for any future CAMlog Implants. Cool, huh?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Nice Scott, did you do a mill of it yet?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Yes. We can mill the Camlog thingys now and have them fit very well. Only tried a few after the first sucessfull test.
It is nice to have a replace feature in the CAM to keep all the various systems' files all fitting properly with the same CAM staretagy.
This is only possible by using a standard known geometry over and over, and replacing the original file with that data.

I did not realise this untill recently. Impossible to accept files from Three different CAD platforms, with unlimited number of CAD librarys available today, and mill with One common strategy. The slight differences are enough that each require tweeking of something. Not eveyone decides the hex should be the same. We get all sorts of various measurements...+/- up to 50um sometimes. This really really is super noticable in the finished product. Super obvious. Even at only 20um, I bet any of you could feel a dfference in "snugness" of the interface fit.

We did not understand why a 3shape blah blah file would be a little loose than a brand X CAD file of the same implant. The CAD librarys are certianly not all the same, and probably none are correct 100%.

We are finding all sorts of minute flaws, and it's not fun sometimes.

F

fleshfly

Reaction score
This looks like a great fix for Camlog interface, and im sure you can tune it so it fits exactly the same as the original.
I only see one problem with this (we have the same on straumann Regular Neck because of the inside cone) is that you are creating more hollow space inside the implant, and this = to more space to bacteria. All doctors now the smell wen they take a abutment out of a implant.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Lesson learned......brush'yo tooth! Don't get Implants, period.

People make implant bridges and bars all day with no hex or tri-lobe anti-rotation geometry.

Such is life.....

I don't think the 0.25mm micro-slice we made will make a fart-smell of a difference.

The world needs more people like you.

You are an "Oral-Superhero". Up, UP, AND AWAY!!!!!!!

Top Bottom