the WOW part of it is.... some retard bid on it

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hahaha Hey, I thought it was a good deal. :rolleyes:

user name

user name

Reaction score
Well...they are labeled from Ivoclar as requiring a prescription and not for resale, so isnt there legal action to be taken?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
mmm, no... really doubt it.
I had a boss buy a bunch of ingots from China... what an idiot. Of course, there is a chance that Ivoclar sells them cheaper to the Chinese... and they can then be resold to US. Kinda makes sense.

or, they are more likely 1988 test ingots

hopefully whomever is buying theses... are using them to press behind a new ingot, and under 100g

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Anyone have documentation on using used ingots as pushers? I remember mark Jackson saying they still mixed in.
?
I could have saved hundreds of dollars using this technique

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
they wont mix... or at least I haven't had them mix... but I have used them to make sure I get a full press, and not to try and use them to press over 100g

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
How do you know they haven't mix? Have you used a dark ingot on top of a light ingot ?
Did anyone from ivoclar give the OK to do this or just from labs routing around.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
They do mix...if you don't believe, take a B1 small ingot and a C4 small ingot and throw in a 200 gram ring...I think you'll be surprised!!!

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
how do you know how many times the button has seen a plunger before you buy it? STUPID

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
How do you know they haven't mix? Have you used a dark ingot on top of a light ingot ?
Did anyone from ivoclar give the OK to do this or just from labs routing around.
ive used them as an extra push ingot to be sure a fresh ingot would press a "close call" ring. works just fine. and yes, they mix just not a complete mix like stirring two colors of water together.
I also worked at two labs (for short times on both) that reused emax pellets. honestly.....they had no noticeable issues. there wasn't any spike in remakes or breakage. in speaking with my ivoclar guys, this is a very common practice in the states and in china. and ivoclar sells ingots to china for pennies comparatively.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
They do mix...if you don't believe, take a B1 small ingot and a C4 small ingot and throw in a 200 gram ring...I think you'll be surprised!!!

i'm talking about making sure a new ingot presses fully... and yes, I do believe that if you throw both in a 200g ring, they will mix

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
user name

user name

Reaction score
Its not because Ivoclar wants to maximize profit. They dont care if you press one crown or three. In the article, they are just using up whats left over from a single ingot; they arent stacking multiple left overs.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
This article echos an old study done on re-pressing L.D. in S.Korea (if I recall it was posted in the last discussion thread on the topic) in the pre-e.max days.

I can see the argument for "pusher" ingots in an emergency, perhaps.

Lemme see: potential debris in re-pressed units, a certain change in color integrity, time & equipment to grind used ingots, potential of devaluing an excellent product... enough said?

Yep, Ivoclar wants huge profits. Can you blame them? Their products make me profitable.