Question on pressing need imput asap

L

labwoman

Reaction score
I have an onlay and a full crown both A1 would like to press together. I use microstar investment here is the question. Microstar says 12.5 liquid and 12.5 water for inlay and onlay. 20 liquid 5 water for crowns can I invest together and if so which liquid poportions shoud I use?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Investing both in the same ring may cause ill fitting restorations, crown or inlay too tight , leading to seating (fitting) problems. I would probably invest seperately using the recommended ratios for each. You can always call microstar technical if in doubt.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
An onlay is different than an inlay.If it is an onlay then your ratio can be the same as with the crown.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I agree w/ RKM RDT, if it is an onlay, it can be the same as the crown. In addition if you used the inlay ratio, you will get close to zero expansion which will make the crown fit tight, but you can adjust internally to get it to fit. You could also use some extra spacer prior to waxing the crown to reduce adjusting internally of the crown. Bottom line is the 12.5:12.5 ratio is meant to reduce the puffing you see with all ceramic pressings. If you used a crown ratio for an inlay, it is a nightmare to fit back to the die.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
DOH! moment for me I guess I misread,,,,hehehehehe