Help Wanted Prosthodontist seeking high level technician

C

Ckelley

Reaction score
My name is Tyler Thomas - I am a board certified prosthodontist located in Carmel, Indiana. I am seeking a driven, passionate, and talented dental technician to work alongside in restoring patient's smiles. The practice houses a state-of-the-art dental laboratory. The lab is fully equipped with 3D printing, 5-axis mills (Roland DWX-52 and 52DCI),Exocad (2x full design stations),CoDiagnostix, Cares Visual, DOF lab scanners, Trios IOS, CBCT, etc. I am looking for a long-term candidate that is artistic, fluent with technology, detailed/organized with good time management, willing to learn with a passion for the subject and high quality work. Aspiring for a Master Dental Technician, high-level Certified Dental Technician, or equivalent. Familiarity with Exocad, complete dentures, ceramics, and digital manufacturing encouraged.

This area is considered one of the best places to live and raise a family in the US with a low cost of living, great schools, and a great quality of life. The practice is one of the premiere prosthodontic practices in the Midwest.

Competitive salary, 401k with match, health reimbursement, PTO available.

Please submit resume to [email protected]
Dr. Thomas, I just moved to Florida 6 months ago from IN, after graduating from IPFW & getting my CDT 2x's because in the State of IN dental technicians are not paid what they should be. I have been a dental technician for over 30 years, worked for many small labs around the Northside & 2 of the leading Prosthodontist in the area. I am sorry to say there are not many people that know what you are looking for. Sounds like you do have a nice set up, if I was still there I would definitely come see you. I am forwarding your information to a friend. I hope you get what you are needing!! Good Luck,
Cari Kelley

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
Dr. Thomas, I just moved to Florida 6 months ago from IN, after graduating from IPFW & getting my CDT 2x's because in the State of IN dental technicians are not paid what they should be. I have been a dental technician for over 30 years, worked for many small labs around the Northside & 2 of the leading Prosthodontist in the area. I am sorry to say there are not many people that know what you are looking for. Sounds like you do have a nice set up, if I was still there I would definitely come see you. I am forwarding your information to a friend. I hope you get what you are needing!! Good Luck,
Cari Kelley
Hey Cari - Bummer you moved - it is a great area! I wouldn't mind being in Florida though during the winter...half my patients are headed down your direction right now!

It is a great lab setup and a special office. Most of my team have been here 10-20 years and our patients are wonderful. From a technician's point of view, it is particularly nice to not only be able to do high quality work, but also being able to see your own work in the patient's mouth!

I know the "wishlist" seems long, but most of that is teachable. The most important thing I am looking for is someone who has a passion for what we do and a curious mind. Also someone who is comfortable with CAD/CAM. I love it but obviously, I need to be in patient's mouths. :cool: Would love to talk more with your friend if they would like.

LabBossLady

LabBossLady

Reaction score
good morning Dr. that's a steep wish list in a technician, CDT/MDT or otherwise. basically you're asking for a singular tech that knows all aspects of every technical dept, save ortho. or 3 techs at minimum. these types generally own their own labs (myself and many others here). i wish you luck in finding this person but will toss out a caveat for what the price tag should be for someone of this caliber....and that's well north of 6 figures. should you have success in finding someone this skilled that comes aboard, please stay in touch with us all here on the forums. we enjoy it when docs want to join our mad house! haha
cheers!
Dr Thomas,
If you haven’t found you dream technician yet, may I suggest you just send your work to our lab at Styledent in Winter Park, FL? We are everything you mentioned minest having to manage the person! The difference between the salary and the lab fees, we will make up in peace of mind! Just a suggestion….

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
Dr Thomas,
If you haven’t found you dream technician yet, may I suggest you just send your work to our lab at Styledent in Winter Park, FL? We are everything you mentioned minest having to manage the person! The difference between the salary and the lab fees, we will make up in peace of mind! Just a suggestion….
Thanks for the offer. I am really looking for someone to work with me though. Helps make patient care easier/better and having a prosthodontist paired with a dental technician really provides a lot of synergy in treatment outcomes.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
"I am such a Dork ,,,,,, I skim read the original post and thought '400k a year is damn good salary' ,,,, and then ,Wait What ,,,Oh ,401K !!!" Vroam

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
ty show us the money ,most are more passionate the more they get paid.
Ummmmm, no. It doesn’t work that way. Ever. Money is a very short term motivator. It does not create passion. You can’t buy love, and you can’t buy passion either. I know other lab owners with less qualifications than me who make way more than me because they do implants only, or they have more techs doing average work. I prefer just me doing it all, doing it my way to my standards for my prosthodontic docs and a couple of general docs. I certainly make six figures but it’s not money that motivates me. The passion is putting out work that is good enough every time for your mom or dad.

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Doctor, I would have loved to had found you after I left the Navy. Always wanted to work side by side with a prostho doc in a private practice. I worked with several in the Navy. Attained my Master CDT in 2017, but immigrated to Canada over 20 years ago. Being from small town Ohio, I can appreciate your environment. Good luck in your search Doc. What an opportunity you have there!

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
Doctor, I would have loved to had found you after I left the Navy. Always wanted to work side by side with a prostho doc in a private practice. I worked with several in the Navy. Attained my Master CDT in 2017, but immigrated to Canada over 20 years ago. Being from small town Ohio, I can appreciate your environment. Good luck in your search Doc. What an opportunity you have there!
Thanks! I just got 2 rapidshape printers which are awesome and am remodeling the lab to improve workflow. Cool place to be, even providing time for R&D once I can get the right person.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Cari Kelley
Where did you move to in FL?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
my recommendation is that you hire from a pool of CNC or Mechanical engineering background to run your mills and printers, and hire any rdt/cdt to compliment this hire with dental knowledge to do your design work.

otherwise you are looking for a unicorn who will 100% not live in your state.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
my recommendation is that you hire from a pool of CNC or Mechanical engineering background to run your mills and printers, and hire any rdt/cdt to compliment this hire with dental knowledge to do your design work.

otherwise you are looking for a unicorn who will 100% not live in your state.
Unicorn here! :) Who works in Carmel IN. :)

I run our mill and our printer and I have a CDT with 20 years experience. It's a family lab so I wouldn't consider leaving to do this work in any other lab.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
My situation was somewhat similar...but in reverse. I was seeking a good prosthodontist for my practice, being the all-round in-house tech the OP describes...lol... It took 6 months and 1k miles to find the right one... with more incentives involved what the OP have listed ....Cheers