procedure to make "Snap-on smile" with Duracetal material

B

bangnv

Reaction score
Hello everyones, i'm new member.
I am interested in "Snap-on smile" product and i just known that duracetal material is use to make this product. But i don't know how to make it? Is there anyone know the way to make snap-on smile? can you share me? thanks alot. Bang

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/f33/acetyl-resin-9411/

1st "snap on smile" is trademarked name. If you dont work with them you probably shouldnt use it, unless you like lawyers.
Additionally, when they filed and received patent on their "snap on smile" they did not patent the process they use...they patented the idea of a cosmetic removable acetyl appliance.
SO....if you wish to produce a removable tooth shade appliance of some other material you would not be stepping on their patent.

That said....
Impression
Pour model
Scan model
Use 3d modeling software to design the appliance
Use 3d printer to print the appliance
Invest
Burnout
Inject (with something other than acetyl to avoid lawyers)

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
TECHARTISAN
Thanks for the link I agree not to use the name snap on, I call them cosmetic orthodontics, The patent application is from 2005, I did not see the specific use of acetal specified. I have been doing bite openers & cosmetic orthotics with flexite acetal & astron vinyl since 1980. For acetal I use an expansion stone, for tooth colored vinyl I use astron liquid & white die stone. ChrisS on this forum has been making & lecturing on the cosmetic smile (although more for flexible partials) for CDM since 2002.
They have a wonderful way with the scanning and printing, I have old fashioned waxing on an articulated model & processing in a flask, I have seen theirs they are much thinner, & color is strange. I wonder if they still use the Myerson acetal or have gone in for a more industrial material?

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
original filing September 22, 2005
patent granted april 15, 2008

While I agree that there may be issue of prior art, and certainly there is a question of obviousness...the courts have a bias towards patent holders defensibility once granted protection....and given Den-Mat's pricing and prevalence in the market they certainly can afford to defend their IP.

As to acetyl.....
claim 9. The dental appliance recited in claim 1, wherein the dental appliance is made of acetyl resin.

B

bangnv

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice. Can we make this cosmetic orthodontics by thermal forming material sheet and forming with vacuum machine? I have just found Erkodent (Germany) they sell out thermal forming material with tooth shade.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Dupe your diagnostic waxup and pour an arch model

Vacuum form the new arch with .5mm clear temp sheet.

trim plastic leaving enough mat'l over teeth for retention

return to original model , fill temp matrix with tooth acrylic and seat on old model

cure and remove, and leave plastic material over the acrylic which adds strength and depth of colour.

I call mine Smile Temps

A

Allan

Reaction score
Anyone know here if you need to release the model and then double to waxing?

For when waxed straight, I had big problems with retention, it seems that the the model was short!

Anyone knows relief is made? Equatorial line up? or down the neck

Top Bottom