Problem milling zirc custom abutments

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
I use the EPA's facts and you fire back to me with some rinky-dink blog, not even a formal website's information? It doesn't even have anything on it, other than someone's BS about how they are such a great organization. Wow, at least make it a fun pissing match, you're making it too easy for a fellar like me. Seriously, pull up your dress and show us what you're really made of :p

oye.. ok, I'll dig around more and see if I can find the materials description for you...just cuz your soo nice though..

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
Very true...you can't argue with an idiot, he is armed with everything at his disposal and all you can bring to the fight are the facts.

whos the idiot? resorting to name calling? really? and I am the 10 year old? anyways heres the info you requested.. see the part that says 1:1.. that means 50%... As I have stated, I will not make a fool of myself by saying things here that I can't prove. I will find other ways to do that...granted I may be proven wrong.. I guess you were the first to jump on the zirconium bandwagon RKM...way to go!.. suppose you guys will find someway of calling this BS also.. if you need more info just let me know, I am more than happy to prove you wrong...popcorn

at least I am learning who are the knowledgeable techs here and who are here to shame themselves..I will calm down as soon as those who doubt are shown the light...cuz working in the dark is bad for your doctors patients...
100_1044.jpg

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Okay, let the Chemistry lesson begin~
Your example (Dispersalloy) is a phase alloy as are most non-gamma 2 amalgams that are on the market. Most amalgams that are used in dentistry today go through a chemical decomposition during the mixing resulting in a different composition. Most silver dental fillings in the dental business range anywhere from 25%-50% mercury but that doesn't last long because once it's mixed into what we call amalgam that percentage doesn't exist. Hence your weight percentages shown in the example above. 50% of mercury may be in the capsule, but it's not amalgam till an agitator is used, which is the 'phase' part and then the final product can now be called amalgam which is a totally a different material. Any statement that says amalgam is 50% mercury is totally false because the original ingredients are modified during the setting reaction.

Personally, I think you may have a lot to contribute to a forum like this. However, this chip on your shoulder, your boasting ways without delivery, and just downright asinine behavior makes me question whether your longevity will be one of much measurement. Maybe you'll have a awakening, doubt it, but if you can't be rationale then there will never be hope for you. CheckMate

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
Okay, let the Chemistry lesson begin~
Your example (Dispersalloy) is a phase alloy as are most non-gamma 2 amalgams that are on the market. Most amalgams that are used in dentistry today go through a chemical decomposition during the mixing resulting in a different composition. Most silver dental fillings in the dental business range anywhere from 25%-50% mercury but that doesn't last long because once it's mixed into what we call amalgam that percentage doesn't exist. Hence your weight percentages shown in the example above. 50% of mercury may be in the capsule, but it's not amalgam till an agitator is used, which is the 'phase' part and then the final product can now be called amalgam which is a totally a different material. Any statement that says amalgam is 50% mercury is totally false because the original ingredients are modified during the setting reaction.

Personally, I think you may have a lot to contribute to a forum like this. However, this chip on your shoulder, your boasting ways without delivery, and just downright asinine behavior makes me question whether your longevity will be one of much measurement. Maybe you'll have a awakening, doubt it, but if you can't be rationale then there will never be hope for you. CheckMate

.... so what happens to the mercury? does it simply vanish once the amalgam solidifies? maybe it transforms into something else...the spill is ALL that is put into the amalgamator, there is no mercury reducing as the amalgam is pre mixed and simply goes from a liquid to a solid, no "setting reaction" can remove any mercury. man, I give the guy a printout of the composition of amalgam and still he tries to fight me.. I think he is not willing to admit he's wrong because that would mean the new guy (the as*^&l$) is right..

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
.... so what happens to the mercury? does it simply vanish once the amalgam solidifies? maybe it transforms into something else...the spill is ALL that is put into the amalgamator, there is no mercury reducing as the amalgam is pre mixed and simply goes from a liquid to a solid, no "setting reaction" can remove any mercury. man, I give the guy a printout of the composition of amalgam and still he tries to fight me.. I think he is not willing to admit he's wrong because that would mean the new guy (the as*^&l$) is right..

Dude, if you can't understand basic Chemistry then I'm not sure anything rationale is going to come out this...Here, go argue with someone who is a PhD, DDS, and MD.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I have contacted him and will share his e'mail's with you..

No thanks, I already have a Bachelor's degree in Biology/Chemistry and don't need to revisit basic Chemistry 101 all over again. Good luck.

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
Are we sure this guy isn't Scott's disturbed alterego?

He appears to dislike Zirconia, Non precious and Amalgam. then throws in targis, belleglass, eris, eris 2.

NW USA as a location - Klondike? Seems like gold is the only thing you approve.

at2_gstatic_com_images_6bee01e7e1c07b8e128e53478c6b88b3._.jpg

1000 years of research - no reaction layer and soft as butter if you use 99% pure.

Like I said, awww.rpgminiatures.com_acatalog_MountainTroll.jpg

No one is this arsey straight out of the gate
at2_gstatic_com_images_6bee01e7e1c07b8e128e53478c6b88b3._.jpg awww.rpgminiatures.com_acatalog_MountainTroll.jpg

C

CHIVEINLAB

Reaction score
Hello,

I don't know how many folks here use the Kavo milling machine, but I'm having a problem milling zirconia custom abutments.

The small pin breaks while milling out the hole in the abutment. This has happened twice in a row now.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks.

I had same problems with origin milling machine until they updateing the

nesting software.

ask them to checking the nesting software, toolpaths or Strategie

I also lost a lot of burs( 1mm bur ),because 2mm bur didn't make

the screw hole, so when 1mm bur start smoothing the screw hole,

it break

Last edited:
disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
Are we sure this guy isn't Scott's disturbed alterego?

He appears to dislike Zirconia, Non precious and Amalgam. then throws in targis, belleglass, eris, eris 2.

NW USA as a location - Klondike? Seems like gold is the only thing you approve.

1000 years of research - no reaction layer and soft as butter if you use 99% pure.

there are a few material's that are softer than natural dentition available, for PFM's and all ceramic.(E'max and D'sign to name a couple...)and yes, gold..I wish there were more.. maybe if people learn there material science and how to prevent wearing out natural teeth their will be more.
I am done jacking your thread dude.. sorry. I will move this to my DEATH BY Zr thread.:yo:

Last edited:
k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I had same problems with origin milling machine until they updateing the nesting software.

Its not the nesting software, you can't nest when doing implant abutments on the everest (you can but loose the screw hole),it has to Able milled in a 16 or 20mm blank this gives the engine a greater angle to mill at. but I am working on that one!

Top Bottom