price list

L

labdude

Reaction score
Here it is. See if it works. I just set it up, let me know of any glitches.
Go to mo.winvoice.com
password-nobody
Screen will seem to ask you to log in again, check over on the lower right to see if mckenzie ortho is logged in. "mckenzie ortho" will show there if it is logged in. Also, customer name will be Aesthetic Denatl Lab.
Up top left menu select reports, then go down to lists, click on price list.
Option will come up to print, select condensed, it will show up with Adobe.
Let me know if and how it works for you.
Mike

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Worked Perfect! Good to know, too.
Thanks Mike for telling me about Winvoice online. I will be signing up in a couple of weeks. Hopefully I can get it set up, so we can start using it on Jan 1st.
I was able to demo it over the passed week. It worked perfectly on my Mac, Windows 98 and my new Linux computer. My wife likes the idea of working on whether at home or at the office. It will be good to have someone we know using it for ortho purposes also.

Questions: Are you, do you, enter in your cases before you work on them? so you can take advantage of the scheduling feature?

Do you send individual invoices for each case? Or do you send an statement with all the cases for that month?

I would love to see how you set up your invoices for ortho.

Cade

L

labdude

Reaction score
Like changing from what your used to, to something new, winvoice is the same pain. That being said, I like the idea, so far, of things being accessable from any computer anywhere.
Slowness is in the form of working on line. Only a matter of some seconds per day.
Entering cases when they come in is more time than I want to spend. I am set up such that I can locate a given case quicker without that part of the program. I always ask for a due date from the office if they call about a case. With that, I know right where to look.
Don't spend time fiddleing where you don't need to. A lot of programs have nice features of this sort, ask yourself if you want to spend the time doing some of these things.
Winvoice has a search feature that will find any patient with just the first few letters of a last name.
As you can see, I put all appliances under orthoi in winvoice. You can place things in other catagories like, Retainers, Fixed, Functional, etc.
We are just used to having it all in a numbered order in one place as that is the way it was with Winvoice Jr., that won't work in Vista, so now we're on line.
I invoice each patient. I use the invoice set up that has the original invoice on the left of the page, and a copy on the right. We use a paper cutter to separte the 2. Gives us hard copy to keep on file. Also, this method prints out Dr, info and patient info on the bottom of the left side. This piece can be cut as well and used for packaging of the appliance. It shows Drs. name and patient name. We seal this in the bottom of a 2 mil. bag, leaving plenty of space to add the appliance on top. Bags we use are 4x6 2 mil.
We also place a small amount of Scope in each case provided there is acrylic, none is added to metal cases. We use a heat sealer we obtained from Paper Mart in L.A. They also have very good prices for boxes and packing and a re available on line as well. Papermart.com I believe.
At the end of each month, we send out a statement. Goes like this....We work for this month, then bill at the end of the month, We allow till the end of following month for payment. We have a small note that says " Please remit by the 20th, thank you".
We do not take credit card payments, we are not interested in giving away a percentage of our work just to have our money right now ( which is still when they decide to pay).
After a short time, your cash flow will settle in. If you don't use this method, that is. Can be tough at first. I started it this way a lond time ago. Maybe old fashion, but it still works for us.
If you ask the guys at Winvoice, they will set you up with the same item, invoiceing, and statements that I use, then you can modify as you wish.

When our work comes in, it goes on a cafeteria tray, large one. Work models are marked with pt. name and placed on top of pres. slip with name and due date visible.
These trays go on a rack designed to hold 8 trays.
Easy rack to make, only needs side rails to hold tray. Whole thing is about 3.5 feet tall and bolts to the wall. Height depends on how much space you want between trays so you can easily check for names etc.
Top tray is what goes out Monday, 5th tray is what goes out Friday. Bottom tray holds work that can't be placed as it is not due yet this week.
I work off these trays. I prep each model as needed and use an ink pencil to mark colors, picture #, and appliance design # on model.
Invoices then go into office for billing, work models are only thing on work tray.
Invoices for each case are laid out on shipping bench and name portion is then sealed in a bag and placed on top of invoice for that appliance.
Makes for easy packing when all is finished.
Mike.

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the info, Im excited to get started with the new program.

Like changing from what your used to, to something new, winvoice is the same pain. That being said, I like the idea, so far, of things being accessable from any computer anywhere.
Slowness is in the form of working on line. Only a matter of some seconds per day.
It worked pretty good with my 3MB broadband. Whats great is that when the computer is running slow the program doesnt have as big an impact. BTW, hows your new computer doing, enjoying vista?
Entering cases when they come in is more time than I want to spend. I am set up such that I can locate a given case quicker without that part of the program. I always ask for a due date from the office if they call about a case. With that, I know right where to look.
Don't spend time fiddleing where you don't need to. A lot of programs have nice features of this sort, ask yourself if you want to spend the time doing some of these things.
Im hoping my wife will do these thing for me:D THe scheduling is what sold her on Winvoice. Im a terrible procrastinator and she been trying to put me on a schedule for a long time. I m currently converting an old computer as a strictly case "check in" computer
I invoice each patient.
I use the invoice set up that has the original invoice on the left of the page, and a copy on the right. We use a paper cutter to separte the 2.

Do you use a laser printer? that a lot of printing. (and Freaking ink!:eek:)
Also, this method prints out Dr, info and patient info on the bottom of the left side. This piece can be cut as well and used for packaging of the appliance. It shows Drs. name and patient name. We seal this in the bottom of a 2 mil. bag, leaving plenty of space to add the appliance on top. Bags we use are 4x6 2 mil.
THis is awesome, I am already et up for this! I too, currently use 4mil. 4x5 bags. I put the appliance in with some Listerine, heat seal it, and then put a label on it with the Dr's mane and pt. name. I use Uline.com for my baggies and boxes. THats great that i will not have to print up labels any more I can kill two birds with one stone and use the invoice. BTW, I was afraif to use 2mil bags, I thought some of the wires (Occl. Rests) would poke through and the listerine leak out., do you have this problem? if, not I can save a few bucks next time I order.

At the end of each month, we send out a statement. Goes like this....We work for this month, then bill at the end of the month, We allow till the end of following month for payment. We have a small note that says " Please remit by the 20th, thank you".
That is how we are currently set up, my wife converted me when she came to work for me, from sending statement 2 times a month. She did it because it helps her budget better. The remit note is good, i think we will add that.

We do not take credit card payments, we are not interested in giving away a percentage of our work just to have our money right now ( which is still when they decide to pay).
We currently dont take credit cards either, just because we're not set up for it. It is good to know it will be easy with Winvoice if I need to in the future. But Im like you, I dont like that credit card percentage taken off the top.
After a short time, your cash flow will settle in. If you don't use this method, that is. Can be tough at first. I started it this way a lond time ago. Maybe old fashion, but it still works for us.
If you ask the guys at Winvoice, they will set you up with the same item, invoiceing, and statements that I use, then you can modify as you wish.
Thanks, I will do that. They seemed to know you pretty well when I mention you referred me to them.
When our work comes in, it goes on a cafeteria tray, large one. Work models are marked with pt. name and placed on top of pres. slip with name and due date visible.
These trays go on a rack designed to hold 8 trays.
Easy rack to make, only needs side rails to hold tray. Whole thing is about 3.5 feet tall and bolts to the wall. Height depends on how much space you want between trays so you can easily check for names etc.
Top tray is what goes out Monday, 5th tray is what goes out Friday. Bottom tray holds work that can't be placed as it is not due yet this week.
I work off these trays. I prep each model as needed and use an ink pencil to mark colors, picture #, and appliance design # on model.
Invoices then go into office for billing, work models are only thing on work tray.
Interesting...cafeteria treys eh? I think Im going to have to see a pic of your rack. I'll show you a picture of mine.:p
Picasa Web Albums - Cade - Pressure Pot
The clear dividers are for separating days, so everything bewteen two dividers is due that day. The ones due next week are stacked on the end, and unstacked as the week progresses.

Invoices for each case are laid out on shipping bench and name portion is then sealed in a bag and placed on top of invoice for that appliance.
Makes for easy packing when all is finished.
Mike.
Great Idea. Thats a time saver.

Thanks again for all your help
Cade

L

labdude

Reaction score
I had to temporarily delete the user account that aloud for checking my price list.
I'll put it back when the problems are worked out.
I have been getting blocked out and not able to sign on to do my own work!!
I hope Winvoice fixes this really quick!!
It is suppose to function so your accounts can check info while you are on line as well.
Cade, I will let you know in a pm about this, if it gets fixed and what it was all about.

L

labdude

Reaction score
If you were to set up the tray system, your wife could see at a glance what you should be doing. Entering work into the computer, separate one or not, is time. Time is money.
She maybe needs to watch you more closely.
Still, as in previous post, I'm pissed at the moment with Winvoice!!!
I see blood when anything gets in the way of my production!!
Billing software!!!
I could tear off their.....and......down their...... you know what I mean?

L

labdude

Reaction score
O.K. So Winvoice had a little cold spell.
Me, I work to hard and don't listen to much other than XM music stations. They have no news or commercials on their music channels.
So i am in the dark sometimes and left to rant and stomp around unaware of the rest of the world.
Pricelist is available again as stated above. Follow instructions above.
Mike.

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
Thanks for the access to your price list! Your pricing is unbeatable and unbelievable.
trisha

L

labdude

Reaction score
Trisha,
Now it is Jays turn. He said he would put his up here.
My prices reflect the ridiculous amount of time I have been doing ortho. I don't cut corners and keep my quality up as much as the next guy, more if I find out something they do. Like a steam cleaner. Thanks a bunch Trisha...now I want and need a larger one. This little thing works o.k. just doesn't handle a large job quick enough. Also the dang tank goes empty to quick. Now, it is your fault that I will be spending a minimum of 700 dollars for something that kicks ass.

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Now it is Jays turn. He said he would put his up here.

To be fair I will meet this challange.
Price list
This is from my old lab website, dont make fun, I made this pretty much overnight earlier this year just so I can send my doctors to this page. I will be updating it soon. Be sure and click on price list.

Now, before your eyes pop out over what I charge for a retainer, let me defend my self. I wanted a simple price list, so most everything is included. Want acrylic on labial bow, included. What a clasp on every tooth, included. The kid wants two colors in a swirl pattern, included. Free shipping both ways, you guessed it. Included! THis really simplifies the billing. This may change with winvoice. Now I do charge extra for tooth moving springs, soldered clasps, 3rd acrylic color and any design that I have to make a second or third trip to the pressure pot. My doctors don't seem to mind:)

Cade

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
Labdude~We lost electricity AGAIN all day. Anyway, sorry your steamer did not work out as well for you as it has for me. I do usually have to refill water once a day.
Cade~I took a look at your prices and they don't seem out of line, especially w/free delivery? What is your turn a round?
My turnaround is 3-4 days, the local labs around here request 4 weeks turnaround time. I have heard that a rush job would take them 7-10 days?

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Cade~I took a look at your prices and they don't seem out of line, especially w/free delivery? What is your turn a round?
It is about 4-5 days 5 days being the sweet spot for me. Most of the doctors started a couple of years ago, what the call a deband day. This is were the take all of their patients that are getting their braces off that month. Group them all on one day and through a party for them they have candy, popcorn, soda. You know, all the stuff they had to give up with braces. One of my orthodontist dresses in a tux and all the assistanse in black and white scrubs. Its pretty fun. Except for the lab. depending on how many patients they schedule you could get anywhere from 10- 24 retainers to make in 4 days, on top of everything else. Say goodbye to your week end.
My turnaround is 3-4 days, the local labs around here request 4 weeks turnaround time. I have heard that a rush job would take them 7-10 days?
4 Weeks, Good Lord!:eek:
Man, I bet there is some tooth movement during that time. Poor kids they are going to have sore teeth all over again when they finally get their retainer.

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
4 Weeks, Good Lord!
Man, I bet there is some tooth movement during that time. Poor kids they are going to have sore teeth all over again when they finally get their retainer.
Yeah, you would think so.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Here, I'll tick all you ortho tech's off........Do Veneers.....lol

L

labdude

Reaction score
Labguy,
We are poor folk in ortho. Can't afford an oven.
Trisha, Get a generator. Get a jacket. Stop whinning!! I saw you look up from your work!!! How dare you!! Just cause of a little loss of power. :)
Trisha your all right. Hope your weather gets better.

Turn around times guys, every week I have a couple of pick up tonight and bring back tommorrow night jobs, overnighters. Most of what I do goes back in 2 to 3 days total. The Drs. that ship get a 7 day turn around. They ship on a Monday, it's back in the iffice on the following Tuesday. Lots of these cases leave the bands on, I remove them from the work model.

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
Trisha, Get a generator. Get a jacket
Got both, generator is not strong enough to get my lathe up to speed. I have a doctor that has told me I could use his lab in a pinch. I worked for him before I started my lab, he is a swell guy! So far I have not had to use his lab. But, it sure is nice to know I have a true back up.
t