Presto Aqua II Help.

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Has your Presto Aqua II ever leaked? Did you fix it?
It works fine, except it doesnt ever stop spraying water unless you turn the water control all the way down. Even when your foots not on the pedal and your bur is still. It releases the water.
I took it apart and messed with some internal knobs on the water line with no change.
I can send it out to NSK but thought I would check with YOU first.
Thanks.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Check the foot pedal valve. Years ago on the previous gen. the springs were crushed a bit and the valve was always slightly compressed. Clean out the pedal valve and stretch the springs. It may help. De-pressurize the system before removing the bottom of the pedal base!

G

Gabriel

Reaction score
Yes, had the same problem, cleaned the foot pedal, but there was no change. Since then I'm always using the water control to turn it all the way down. I didn't have the time to send it to be looked at, because I always need it, and after a while I got used to the new routine.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Check the foot pedal valve. Years ago on the previous gen. the springs were crushed a bit and the valve was always slightly compressed. Clean out the pedal valve and stretch the springs. It may help. De-pressurize the system before removing the bottom of the pedal base!
I opened the pedal. Its just a simply switch for air. I took the switch apart and blew the gunk in it round and round. Put it back together. NO WATER LEAKS From the handpiece now..
I hope its fixed and not just a fluke. THANKS!

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
It is usually temporary. Order a replacement valve when convenient. Usually there is internal damage when a valve gets stuff in it.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
It is usually temporary. Order a replacement valve when convenient. Usually there is internal damage when a valve gets stuff in it.
Spoilers-Spoilers-everywhere1.jpg

L

Lars H A

Reaction score
Hi. I have the opposite problem. There is no water coming. Not even out of the tube from the "body". I use the water tank, not tap connection. This is a NKS Presto Lux. Any ideas what this is? The led lamp ha failed long ago.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Hi. I have the opposite problem. There is no water coming. Not even out of the tube from the "body". I use the water tank, not tap connection. This is a NKS Presto Lux. Any ideas what this is? The led lamp ha failed long ago.
I have never used the Aqua Lux.

Do you use tap water or distilled water in the reservoir?

Does the “spray air” adjustment still work to allow air flow?

If so my best initial guess is that your adjustment valve for the water is fouled up or it failed completely.

L

Lars H A

Reaction score
I have used the tank so far. After a longer period of not using the unit it has been troublesome to get the water out. By throtteling the spray knob to full and back repeatedly the water came. Now it has been a year since I used it and no water is coming. I have opened the unit and find no visible clogging. I have tried to use the tap water hose also now, pulled out the "alternative" knob for that, but still no water. So I guess you are right that it might be a valve not working? Qustion: Is it the second biggest hole/tube that leads the water into the hose out to the handpice or is it those two very thin tubes positioned vertically to the left of the bigger tubes?

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
You didn't quite answer my water question about distilled H2O or tap water, but....
Before you tear everything apart, try the coffee maker cleaning thing. Put CLR or similar in the tank and let it sit. After letting it sit, throttle the valves back and forth to attempt to get some flow. Don't run it into the handpiece! If you can get some flow, let it sit again. My guess is that IF you can get any flow at all it will break down the clog. However, you will have to do some decontamination of the system after the fact before you can use it on dental.

L

Lars H A

Reaction score
Yes, had the same problem, cleaned the foot pedal, but there was no change. Since then I'm always using the water control to turn it all the way down. I didn't have the time to send it to be looked at, because I always need it, and after a while I got used to the new routine.
Remeber to check O-rings. There are some of them in the whole system.

L

Lars H A

Reaction score
You didn't quite answer my water question about distilled H2O or tap water, but....
Before you tear everything apart, try the coffee maker cleaning thing. Put CLR or similar in the tank and let it sit. After letting it sit, throttle the valves back and forth to attempt to get some flow. Don't run it into the handpiece! If you can get some flow, let it sit again. My guess is that IF you can get any flow at all it will break down the clog. However, you will have to do some decontamination of the system after the fact before you can use it on dental.
I ended up sending it for repair. I think some valve did not function. Even direct connection with the tapwater did not work. I think it is very important to get all water out of the system when not in use for some days. I have not used destilled water ever since the tap water is clean here. But the waterlines in the Presto are so thin so I understand they might be clogged over time.

N

Nenad

Reaction score
Calcification and algine build up in line produce all of that problems.Never use any other water than destiled.Usual clog is on conenctor with handpice hose on console and on check valve inside of the controll box.Dont keep water in reservoar if you r not using water often.