Press Vest

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the Press Vest has to be mixed 2.5 minutes? How long do you mix it and what machine? In the instruction it says working time 6 to 7 minutes. That must be a joke. It is more like 6 to 7 seconds. I have a cooler for my investment, liquid and bowl, use a Whip mix vacuum mixer and only mix for 2 minutes, but have barely time to invest two rings at the same time. The stuff stes so darn fast and it starts out already like thick gravy. It is hard to invest without causing bubbles in the deepest part of the groove. That is why I switched to Galaxy II, but I am not so happy with the pitted surface. Press Vest leaves a very smooth surface. I press with an EP5000 and it seems to be the investment rather tha the presing cycle that causes the surface texture. The reaction layer is pretty much the same on both investments.
My question is, what happens when I reduce the mixing time to 1 minute to increase the puring time?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
My question is, what happens when I reduce the mixing time to 1 minute to increase the puring time?

You will weaken the investment. 2.5 minutes is essential for density and strength. Call Ivoclar.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I've been mixing PressVest Speed for only 2:05 min. (Renfert Twister) for about a year. No cracks of problems. I do refrigerate the distilled H2o when it is warm out. Years ago I had expired liquid and until I caught it the Pressvest was trying to set on me practically in the bowl. Might want to check it??

user name

user name

Reaction score
You should be mixing pressvest for 2+ minutes...but remember to slow down the RPMs. Too short a mixing time creates an orange peel surface on the press.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I had to drop my mixing time to 1.55 minutes with my Twister Pro.. Liquid on counter top...... over 3 years without any bad presses for any reasons using my ep5000.
Weather in NC is hot and humid,,,, reason for shorter mixing time so investment wouldn't set up....
Press Vest Speed !

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Does anyone know why the Press Vest has to be mixed 2.5 minutes? . The stuff stes so darn fast and it starts out already like thick gravy. It is hard to invest without causing bubbles in the deepest part of the groove. ?

Get yourself some PCI Plus, call your Zahn rep. Been using for years, great stuff. One min mix per instructions.
Smooth thin creamy mix with lots of working time, able to do six veneers in a ring with no bubbles.
I've tried Pressvest speed and also thought it was way too thick. PCI comes from Ardent which is a sub of Ivoclar.
Saves you $80. I've adjusted their numbers from 15/10 to 13/12. 15 bench set plus 3 without ring. Flawless!

Top Bottom