Precision

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I remember how hard roundhouses used to be. While it still takes understanding the predictability with CAD/CAM is outstanding. Here is a nice one from this am literally dropped on model not one adjustment. Even with the crappy phone pictures you can see how great a fit this is.

32c5f9f3487c03b60fe9b7d2a93f3d85.jpg
721dbfb358c854a763b9aa78ca4fc9e5.jpg
78fcb3c8bdfcc254bbd7486ee9486185.jpg
1c561f4f953938ac3288bb3a537d3cb0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
That's very nifty. I continue to become fascinated with how the advances in material understanding progress. There was no way that would have sintered without warp even 5 years ago.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
what mill are you using?
and what zirconia is that?
thanks!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
i can picture it now ...

"returned, please add zirconia to deficient margin of 5 and anterior 9. shade needs to be a hair darker"

call me a pessimist

HAHAH probably

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Luke and others just to let you know on all of these big cases I always mill the pattern in PMMA to check for those potential issues, never do I go to a final restoration without having confirmation. A little insurance goes a long way for sleeping better and keeping things profitable.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Beautiful ! tumblr_o4im1ft0nj1ul4ixso1_1280.jpg I know why you didn't put another connector on the other central but my OCD is screaming .... "its not even ,it's not even"

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
John, do you send the PMMA for tryin or just fit to the model?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
John, do you send the PMMA for tryin or just fit to the model?

On all full arch cases where there are no stops its just smart to verify the model with temps and nail down the bite. All adjustments are made in the plastic and then merged and modified prior to milling. If a client adjust the zirc heavily upon delivery than he is not doing his job AND I void the warranty.

This case actually had two set of temps. The patient had a very long protrusive slide and getting the guidance just right was a bit tricky. When I set up the custom insical pin ramp from a preop and then cross mounted from the facebow something screwed up and the movements in the mouth were different than on the articulator/computer.

If I am a betting man it will still need a bit of equilibration. I have worked very hard with this client but I am not fully confident that the last adjust model merge was bang on balls accurate.

I will be chairside on this delivery to make sure the thing

1) doesn't hit the floor
2) client doesn't use thick ass articulating ribbon and screw it up
3) Be there ready for the tears of happiness :)

Dentistry doesn't have to be a bitch, I love it, and technology and my participation as a team member energizes me to get into work now days.

Life is good!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
my boss would be screaming at me for putting it on a pontic.

that's not what the paper says to do!

My paper says differently, and its the one I wrote for the protocol for my lab based on my "tuition" with this stuff :)

This fit doesn't lie :)

Shaun Keating

Shaun Keating

Reaction score
That's awesome Johnny boy! You still putting signs out in front of dental labs looking for lab techs;)

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
The good techs need a place to go........right John?

Top Bottom