Practice Management Software in Linux

drm313mac

drm313mac

Reaction score
Does anyone use or otherwise know of any really good (powerful and easy to use) Linux-based dental/lab practice management software?

Given the security, stability, speed, and overall usefulness of Linux which far surpasses any other operating system, I would much prefer using Linux on all workstations both in the business office, clinically, as well as in the lab.

My internet server, which is basically a standalone computer, quad-core Intel Core i5 system (I built at home mostly from spare parts) w/ 6 GB of RAM, an enterprise class hard drive. The operating system runs on the hard drive as well as on a flash drive. It is UnTangle, a Debian Linux hardware firewall, anti-spam, anti-virus, anti-spyware, and about everything else, all for about $50 a month (unless I hack the system).

The web server will be Linux based, as will the file server.

The servers at Microsoft in Redmond Washington mostly run Linux, and all of the fastest and most powerful super computers run Linux. None of my Linux systems have ever crashed.

OpenDent on the web server can run on mysql, Linux, but on workstations must use Windows.

One option I have is to run Linux on all system, with the software system running within a virtual Windows environment in VMWare or in VirtualBox (I prefer VirtualBox).

Your thoughts?

griffmar79

griffmar79

Reaction score
Check out Evident. Life on the cloud is great.

Top Bottom