Porcelain oven vacuum

D

dentek1

Reaction score
I have been using whip mix pro 100 ovens since they came out. Now i have an ivoclar ep5000 for pressing and building emax. My question is that the ivoclar keeps the vac running the whole cycle where my other ovens reach vac level and then shut off. What is eveyone else doing? Is the vac running all the time better?
p.s. Been lurking here for a while. Great info and advice!
Thanks
Jim

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
change vac. settings is all.

D

dentek1

Reaction score
I know how to change the settings but, is having the vacuum running during the whole bake cycle better?

P

Paul Drufva

Reaction score
I've not noticed any difference with my ney furnace.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I've always let the vacuum run out of fear. Years ago we had some Jelenko furnaces and would stop the pump at "full" vacuum. Tidn't realize the seal was leaking an got a lot of creamy, cloudy colored porcelain. For what wear is involved, and electricity used, it's a small bit of insurance and comfort.

A

AL1

Reaction score
They are designed to run for the entire cycle supposedly to get the most translucency.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
I have been using whip mix pro 100 ovens since they came out. Now i have an ivoclar ep5000 for pressing and building emax. My question is that the ivoclar keeps the vac running the whole cycle where my other ovens reach vac level and then shut off. What is eveyone else doing? Is the vac running all the time better?
p.s. Been lurking here for a while. Great info and advice!
Thanks
Jim

yes, you will want to run the vacuum the entire program.