? Parameter change needed for certain prep shape?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Have these two very long straight preps and my milled crowns are way too tight.
Do you ever change cement gap for this?

FF97B64D-30A5-4FC9-8C55-45EE8A21A895.jpeg

A623D2D9-2446-43C1-8E6A-697CA55BDB2E.jpeg

user name

user name

Reaction score
Parameter changes needing to be modified are likely due to incorrect drill compensation or a discrepancy in the actual tool dimensions vs whats in the CAM.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Parameter changes needing to be modified are likely due to incorrect drill compensation or a discrepancy in the actual tool dimensions vs whats in the CAM.

So.... I probably have to talk with the guy milling for me. :Call: Thanks.

user name

user name

Reaction score
This screen? I’ve never changed the Additional spacing. Is it locked ??

View attachment 34659
The only time I change the 'additional spacing' is to tighten it a bit when I scan a Ti abutment for a screw retained design.
Click the tab 'undercuts' at the top of that window. Make sure you check the box that says milling, and set the diameter to 1.2.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
The only time I change the 'additional spacing' is to tighten it a bit when I scan a Ti abutment for a screw retained design.
Click the tab 'undercuts' at the top of that window. Make sure you check the box that says milling, and set the diameter to 1.2.

Looks like it was set already?

EEA54607-CA93-400F-8BC3-BAFC4C7E8C55.jpeg

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score

So after my :Call:, they were puzzled also. Had me change ‘additional spacing’ to .035, and mill them again. 🤞

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I have to change parameters for different preps frequently.

Same thing I do, especially with the bigger, longer molar (resistance, retention) preps that have a lot of surface area.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Agree here, but I also make slight changes on very short preps if I know crowns are going to mill out loose....zirconia or alloys.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Agree here, but I also make slight changes on very short preps if I know crowns are going to mill out loose....zirconia or alloys.

Same here, I bump my setting(s) down one step, slightly tighter from my normal base spacer setting.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Reason I slightly tighten on Ti abuts is to compensate for the scan spray adding some dimension.

Top Bottom