Outsourcing designs

K

Kaiser7100

Reaction score
Just wanted to know what companies you guys use to outsource designs when you have to of course. Sometimes you lose employee or gets busy need some support. Been a hurdle. If you have some companies you’ve used with great success please do share.

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
I've tried a few small independents, argen, and FullContour. By far, the best is FullContour. They have the most expertise when it comes to outsourcing designs. Comes in especially handy for 3shape modules that I don't have. I send all my model builder stuff to them. The volume of dentists with intra-oral scanners that I have sending to me doesn't justify purchasing that module yet.

They've also rolled out clear aligner design, guided surgery design and I think Digital dentures is due to be released in the near future. There's been a lot of interest in these additional offerings from our clients. In the process of completing my first clear aligner case right now as a matter of fact.

K

Kaiser7100

Reaction score
They good with exocad. I got the importer from 3shape. I’ve been just using exo for few years now. I don’t have volume on trios yet as well. I’ll try them out. There’s a Chinese company on here. Everything sounded good until I saw their gallery looked so basic lol. Just straight from library

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
Talladium does a good job. Used them for a long time until I got my scanner. Talk to Ray.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

K

Kaiser7100

Reaction score
Talladium does a good job. Used them for a long time until I got my scanner. Talk to Ray.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Are you sure. I thought they were sinking badly

G

GarryB

Reaction score
I've tried a few small independents, argen, and FullContour. By far, the best is FullContour. They have the most expertise when it comes to outsourcing designs. Comes in especially handy for 3shape modules that I don't have. I send all my model builder stuff to them. The volume of dentists with intra-oral scanners that I have sending to me doesn't justify purchasing that module yet.

They've also rolled out clear aligner design, guided surgery design and I think Digital dentures is due to be released in the near future. There's been a lot of interest in these additional offerings from our clients. In the process of completing my first clear aligner case right now as a matter of fact.

I was looking at Fullcontours website today. Can you give me some idea of their charges for crown design (per unit) and how their design would differ from yours.....better / not as good as. I also like your idea of using them for model builder, like you we don't have the module yet.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
If you dont care what the crowns look or function like, fullcontour is good. I can post some of their screenshots if you want. They charge like 5-10 bucks for same or next day service. The portal is awesome. Cool service, unfortunately the weak link in all this is the designer.. I cant see anyone with any real skills wanting to stare at a PC all day everyday.. I doubt too many of todays 'designers' have had many non digital crowns through their hands..

Paying someone else to design and print a model doesnt sound profitable at all. Unless your charging $30-40 more for the model, your losing money if you keep the crown fee the same as a stone model.

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
I was looking at Fullcontours website today. Can you give me some idea of their charges for crown design (per unit) and how their design would differ from yours.....better / not as good as. I also like your idea of using them for model builder, like you we don't have the module yet.
Here's a phone screenshot of their pricelist.
7404cbea3c9df7920c4d401b69d3d9fe.jpg

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I sent a few cases to them yesterday. They came back designed, which is what I asked for, but the designs are completely useless. Waxed crowns dont fit the die, which I dont understand, why would they remove something from the die? Ive been designing for 8 years and Ive never had anything fit like that off the mill. The wax crowns were so high in occlusion that it wouldve been faster to do them myself, and in fact I might have to. Im afraid to mill out the zirconia..

One problem is they only send the final .stl file, not the whole design file so you have to explain to them what changes to make.. completely defeating the point of having someone else do it. I cant imagine that labs send out crowns like this.. Hmmmm2

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I will keep crown design in house. I was mainly looking to get someone else to design my models so I didn't need to get the model builder module. I would then get my buddy to print the model for me.

tomas

tomas

Sponsors
Reaction score
Just wanted to know what companies you guys use to outsource designs when you have to of course. Sometimes you lose employee or gets busy need some support. Been a hurdle. If you have some companies you’ve used with great success please do share.

Allow me to introduce ourselves a little bit. We are a full service Dental Design Center who only focus on High Quality Designs.
We are very experienced in ExoCAD and 3shape, and all our technicians have accumulated more than 2000 to 5000 cases experiences among 3 years to 5 years experiences in CAD designs,
We can design crowns, bridges, veneers, bars, guides and ortho splints.

I have been helping many customers like you , who keep designs both in house and outsource when needs some support.
Free free to call the below numbers if you are interested in our work.

Smart Dental CAD Solution
(845)789-5766
www.dentalcadstudio.com

tomas

tomas

Sponsors
Reaction score
Here's a screenshot of Dental CAD Studio 's Quote

Attachments

• Price19.jpg
    Price19.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 269
K

Kaiser7100

Reaction score
Prices are very good. I’ll call you tomorrow. Sounds very good everything I do at my office. Minus ortho which I wanted to start. Guessing your in Korea looking at your times and services

Last edited:
tomas

tomas

Sponsors
Reaction score
Prices are very good. I’ll call you tomorrow. Sounds very good everything I do at my office. Minus ortho which I wanted to start. Guessing your in Korea looking at your times and services

OAKY perfect

J

John C

Reaction score
Full Contour is hit and miss. Some days they are right on. Others not so much. Usually contours are pretty decent but I have to finesse the occlusal grooves quite often. A couple designs have been horrible and I need to completely change them. Bad thing is I can only freeform.

Digital Dental Designers

Digital Dental Designers

Reaction score

That just means you haven't tried us. We also do models. You can start with a no obligation free trial and won't be charge if you don't like the designs. All our US based designers have at least 3 years of experiences. Our send and receive workflow is integrated into 3shape so you don't have to waste time checking or exporting cases out to a portal then uploading them. Everything is done within 3shape. Best part of all, we keep all your parameters and settings the same exact way you had it. Oh, did I mention you can reopen the case and tweak the design if needed? See screenshot below of one of our customer that switched from Full Contour to Digital Dental Designers, Inc.

I sent a few cases to them yesterday. They came back designed, which is what I asked for, but the designs are completely useless. Waxed crowns dont fit the die, which I dont understand, why would they remove something from the die? Ive been designing for 8 years and Ive never had anything fit like that off the mill. The wax crowns were so high in occlusion that it wouldve been faster to do them myself, and in fact I might have to. Im afraid to mill out the zirconia..

One problem is they only send the final .stl file, not the whole design file so you have to explain to them what changes to make.. completely defeating the point of having someone else do it. I cant imagine that labs send out crowns like this.. Hmmmm2

Give us a try. We send back the whole design file which you can open and tweak the design.

Full Contour is hit and miss. Some days they are right on. Others not so much. Usually contours are pretty decent but I have to finesse the occlusal grooves quite often. A couple designs have been horrible and I need to completely change them. Bad thing is I can only freeform.

Give us a try. It's free with no obligation and you won't be charge if you are not 100% satisfied with the designs.

Digital Dental Designers, Inc.
www.digitaldentaldesigners.com

feedback.jpg

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
I can vouch for Smart CAD, its really good. Minor tweakages at most and not too often either. But it's an impossible job when techs have their own idea of what it "should" be. So we are built around tweaking designs vs start from scratch

Digital Dental Designers

Digital Dental Designers

Reaction score
I can vouch for Smart CAD, its really good. Minor tweakages at most and not too often either. But it's an impossible job when techs have their own idea of what it "should" be. So we are built around tweaking designs vs start from scratch

That just means you haven't tried us. Give us a try. Free trial with no obligation and you won't be charge if you are not 100% satisfied with the design. No offense to Smart CAD and their designs. What's the outsourcing workflow? Do you have to export the cases then upload to a portal in order to outsource? Then to receive, you would download and import the cases? That's a waste of time multiplied by 260 working days. Imagine effortlessly sending within 3Shape and coming in next morning to see all the cases designed in your Orders tab. That's efficient! See screenshot above if you haven't had the chance to.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I had digital dental set me up, it really seems like the way to go. While the drag and drop portal works well, the downside is you only get screenshots, you dont get the finished case that you can modify.