Origin Beyond Plus , I'm Impressed .

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Been using this for a few months now . I really just wanted a material for the posterior region ( 1000 Mpa / 47% trans, fires @ 1500) but Iv'e been using it in the anterior where I need the strength . My favorite material is still Ceramill Zolid fx ml for anteriors though, esp now we have a wider shade range . 'Beyond Plus' comes as white pucks which you have to colour but iv'e been surprised how well the shades hit the mark with both value and chroma . Photos of six singles in shade OM3 ." Just thought you might be interested in seeing ." DSC04462.JPG DSC04457.JPG DSC04474.JPG :D

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
looking good!
how does it do with the less "beautiful" shades?

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
And it sinters in four hours?
I haven't done any fast sintering but I would be interested to know too ( I plan on getting one of those Dekema 2hr+ speed furnace)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I haven't done any fast sintering but I would be interested to know too ( I plan on getting one of those Dekema 2hr+ speed furnace)

What is your sintering time, if I may ask? The instructions that come with it have it at about 4:15. Is that where you're at, and you're wanting to sinter it faster? With how good it looks, I'd keep doing what you're doing.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Been using this for a few months now . I really just wanted a material for the posterior region ( 1000 Mpa / 47% trans, fires @ 1500) but Iv'e been using it in the anterior where I need the strength . My favorite material is still Ceramill Zolid fx ml for anteriors though, esp now we have a wider shade range . 'Beyond Plus' comes as white pucks which you have to colour but iv'e been surprised how well the shades hit the mark with both value and chroma . Photos of six singles in shade OM3 ." Just thought you might be interested in seeing ." View attachment 26701 View attachment 26702 View attachment 26703 :D

What did you use for coloring, and what I.E. did you use?

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I have an older' Ceramill therm II ' furnace from AG and really have a limited # of programs ,only one of which I can change. So my rate of climb and cool is very slow . The furnace does have the Silicon Carbide elements which do a great job of sintering.(8 deg to 900 then 4deg to 1500) So it ends up being an overnight 8 hr cycle. ,,,,,,,,,,As for colouring I use the Origin live Full contour version 6.1 liquids .I also like to play a little with OriginChroma effects before dipping . Finish it up with InSync Glaze paste ----------- " I used to use the Backstreet Boys glaze paste but they discontinued it once they broke up ( see what I did there :) ) oh , The Incisal enhancer was 1.5

K

KIM

Reaction score
I have an older' Ceramill therm II ' furnace from AG and really have a limited # of programs ,only one of which I can change. So my rate of climb and cool is very slow . The furnace does have the Silicon Carbide elements which do a great job of sintering.(8 deg to 900 then 4deg to 1500) So it ends up being an overnight 8 hr cycle. ,,,,,,,,,,As for colouring I use the Origin live Full contour version 6.1 liquids .I also like to play a little with OriginChroma effects before dipping . Finish it up with InSync Glaze paste ----------- " I used to use the Backstreet Boys glaze paste but they discontinued it once they broke up ( see what I did there :) ) oh , The Incisal enhancer was 1.5
Doh.jpg

G

grantoz

Reaction score
you have far less probs with original slow sintering we get an unbelievabley low amount of cracks etc and you can feel when your trimming the margins dont chip.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
So I just got a phone call from a Dr for a Beyond Plus unit that broke in 3 pieces. This is the first one out of 500+ I've done out of both the normal Beyond and the Beyond Plus. It was a upper Bi, and I asked the Dr if he had to do any heavy occlusal adjustment, and he said no, just a little.

About 2 months ago I got an updated info sheet with my disc on firing temps and for slow furnace cooling during staining & glazing, as they were having some breaking problems? Is it time to jump ship and look for another zirconia, or is this just going to happen once in awhile?

edit: this Dr only preps using feather margins, and will only prep with feather margins. I've started doing his molars in Bruxzir as he like the research and success rate of Bruxzir using feather margins, but i's so opaque that I steer him towards Plus on the Bis forward.

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
So I just got a phone call from a Dr for a Beyond Plus unit that broke in 3 pieces. This is the first one out of 500+ I've done out of both the normal Beyond and the Beyond Plus. It was a upper Bi, and I asked the Dr if he had to do any heavy occlusal adjustment, and he said no, just a little.

About 2 months ago I got an updated info sheet with my disc on firing temps and for slow furnace cooling during staining & glazing, as they were having some breaking problems? Is it time to jump ship and look for another zirconia, or is this just going to happen once in awhile?
What's the MPa on this stuff?...just curious

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
800 for the normal Beyond, and 1000 for the Plus (it's 5 fracture toughness for the Plus). Check out my above post edit, in case you have a thought on using Bruxzir on Bis?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
"just a little" can mean anything, and if you were already dancing with minimums in that area, it would have been unavoidable.