new to e.max

B

Beach Bum

Reaction score
What burs do use on e.max press, and whats good for grinding down the stumps.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Bego has some nice stones for the stumps and use diamonds for anatomy and contours, then white polishing wheel, glaze and you're done. A lot of folks that are new are so use to that HS carbide that all it does is crack your e.max crown. I've really backed off my previous comments saying you can get by using them if your careful, hate to admit it, but I was wrong, don't use them, not worth the risk.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
Touche' Rob.

Brasseler has some new pink stones that are awesome for eMax and if you have to trim on some zirconia.....last a long time too.

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
I've got some stones that I love for removing the stumps on e.max. I inherited them 20 years ago and for a while I was using them on partial denture frameworks or for making the occational slot for a Vertex articulator when I received a pre-poured cast.

I wish I knew what they were. They look like a black Heatless stone (Mizzy). They are hard, and have little shiny flakes like Folger's coffee. They are not rubber based. If anyone has any ideas of what these are, I'd be most grateful. I'm hording these, and luckily they last a very long time.

For other finishing and polishing of e.max, I use some rubber disc polishers by Edenta. Dull gray, pink, and slate gray. Final high polish with a Brassler Dialite polisher (very expensive so I only use it for that last high shine, when needed).

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I've got some stones that I love for removing the stumps on e.max. I inherited them 20 years ago and for a while I was using them on partial denture frameworks or for making the occational slot for a Vertex articulator when I received a pre-poured cast.

I wish I knew what they were. They look like a black Heatless stone (Mizzy). They are hard, and have little shiny flakes like Folger's coffee. They are not rubber based. If anyone has any ideas of what these are, I'd be most grateful. I'm hording these, and luckily they last a very long time.

For other finishing and polishing of e.max, I use some rubber disc polishers by Edenta. Dull gray, pink, and slate gray. Final high polish with a Brassler Dialite polisher (very expensive so I only use it for that last high shine, when needed).

Sounds like the old Komet's...they still sell them the last time I checked.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
diagen stones from bredent are awesome as well.

If you search around the ivoclar site, there is a list of recommended grinding instruments somewhere which includes diagen and some of the others mentioned.

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
What about the cutting disc?

Yet to find one that works well.

B

Beach Bum

Reaction score
Thank you for the info, it looks like I have lots of choices.

Dentalstudio

Dentalstudio

Reaction score
EMAX PRESS

Hi. I'm new pressing E-Max and I need some help. When I press 100gr cylinders, they crack. I'm using a Whipmix Pro Press 100 oven and Microstar investment. Please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. If anyone is using the same oven, let me know the program parameters you're using.
Thanks.
Dan