new technology

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
I can't believe how fast new technology coming to dental lab business . First milling , printing and now this:

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Wow, no only time will tell how long this will last, DW isn't really on top of the CAD game, yeah it's got it's advatages but what the longevity of the material, strength etc. Laser cutting sound cool lets see where this goes.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Laser cutting is not new technology,..it's been used in other industries for many years successfully.
As far as I know, there is nothing really different about the actual materials used other than shape
or presentation. Lasers pretty much cut everything from eyeballs to diamonds without a problem
The question is an economic one. Can DW make money adapting this tech to the dental world.

We shall see Dontknow

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we saw this at IDS. Heraeus is selling same unit (not sure which company actually developed it). Designed for chairside at the moment.

It's amazing that they can sell a laser mill but will debut a scanner that will require powder.

remember, Zirkonzahn has had a laser cutter (better yet a laser engraver in their M6 machine for a while now)

C

charles007

Reaction score
Guess we can now add Heraeus to the growing lists of companies trying to put labs out of business... :rolleyes:

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Those Germans have been working on this for some time now :)
8141549.jpg

tomas

tomas

Sponsors
Reaction score
i was try to design crown and bridge on DW , BUT actually i do not like IT , its toooo difficult for design crown and bridge . BangheadBanghead

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
This was the newest big deal tech at the show in germany. Except that it wasn't working. Impressive box, nice animation, snappy graphics. How much? How fast? What materials? ROI?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Guess we can now add Heraeus to the growing lists of companies trying to put labs out of business... :rolleyes:
Had a sales guy who said We incorporate you lab guys we are for you guys, we don't want to put you out of business. So what do I do? You mail to a registered heraeus Lab, then the file is sent to the Lab in southbend, to be made then it is sent back to you.... How am I not cut out of this. Lol.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Had a sales guy who said We incorporate you lab guys we are for you guys, we don't want to put you out of business. So what do I do? You mail to a registered heraeus Lab, then the file is sent to the Lab in southbend, to be made then it is sent back to you.... How am I not cut out of this. Lol.

They're just not that into us.
We let cerec dictate the dialog many moons ago and now we are seeing the consequences.

Or I could be wrong and we have nothing to worry about.

Top Bottom