Need Analog

Z

Zach@GWD

Reaction score
Hey all, first post here. I have a case for a Southern Implants 6.0mm and the doctor included the plastic impression snap cap in the impression however he did not supply the abutment analog. Apparently this part is back ordered until the end of April and I obviously don't want to wait that long. If anyone has this snappy analog and might be willing to loan or let me purchase one from you I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for looking!

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Is it their own design or is it a clone?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
47769721.jpg

Z

Zach@GWD

Reaction score
I was told by the office that it is their own (Sothern) design. I believe the part is called "EPC Analog".

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Southern is a Straumann copycat, no ?

Z

Zach@GWD

Reaction score
Straumann doesn't have retention grooves like this one does as far as I remember. I'll try to post a picture in a few.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the Nobel Snappy abutment have retention grooves like that? I don't remember if there is a 6mm one though. Still seems to me that it must be a clone of someone else's design.

ter01475

ter01475

Reaction score
You might try a nobel snappy....which was a copy of the original Straumann solid abutment.

Z

Zach@GWD

Reaction score
I tried the 6.0 Nobel snappy. No go. Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate it.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Southern not under Keystone - they took over Southern recently. This is an Abutment design,
so not likely to be same as Straumann. I do not think Snappy compatible at all.
Can you not used Duralay with some vaseline to separate if really short of time?
LCM

Z

Zach@GWD

Reaction score
I was hesitant but this is what I ended up doing. Crown is in the oven now, fingers crossed it'll fit on Monday. Thanks again for the replies!

Z

Zach@GWD

Reaction score
I was hesitant but this is what I ended up doing. Crown is in the oven now, fingers crossed it'll fit on Monday. Thanks again for the replies!

Duralay with vaseline was the solution. Thought I had quoted the poster above me.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Duralay with vaseline was the solution. Thought I had quoted the poster above me.

Zach, hope it works out well for you. Be aware however that the crown might be ill-fitting on the actual abutment in the mouth. There is usually a little space (fudge factor) built into the design of the burnout pattern and the analog; cement gap. Lots of variables with the technique you utilized, the accuracy (shrinkage) of the resin used for the die and factor in investment and burnout of coping if a PFM. But you were in a pinch, I understand. You did not say if you waxed or scanned for coping so its my assumption you waxed, what I've had to do in the past was use the impression coping, modified by grinding as necessary as the burnout pattern. Usually these components come in an all inclusive kit, impression caps, abutment, analog and burnout pattern; this might be a good opportunity to get with the doc and discuss. Hopefully you nailed it.

Z

Zach@GWD

Reaction score
FCZ on 3shape. Computer set the cement gap so I can only hope it fits. The doctor told me to proceed this way and knows that there is no guarantee on this case.