Modify Copy Output Directory in Exocad

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
Hey folks Im looking to modifying the default out put to the desktop of the 'copy' function so it points to c:\stl_uploads instead. After that I want to modify what it out puts. But first just get output to that directory. My goal is to set this up so I only have my work day *.stl files in one folder for easy uploading.

Ive tried modifying the defaultsettings-db.xml
Code:
 <!-- %d - Desktop -->
  <NetworkCopyingButton buttonPosition="11" >%d</NetworkCopyingButton>

to:
Code:
 <!-- %d - Desktop -->
  <NetworkCopyingButton buttonPosition="11" >c:\stl_uploads</NetworkCopyingButton>

and restarting but it still sends to desktop, obviously missing something here....

Also, is there a manual/tutorial on ExoCad xml coding?

thanks.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
For the answer to this you are probably going to have to contact exoUSA or Germany directly.

There is no xml manual that I am aware of for end users to make their own mods. If there is a branded version of exo that already has this feature then you may be able to compare the xml config folders and find the tag you need.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
It's working on my setup, just tried and it redirects wherever I want it to...

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
Yea 2thm8kr I need to learn the windows version of the unix -diff command to compare files...

zero_zero what did you modify? I might not have a clean defaultsettings-db.xml file Im gonna have to check with vendor if thats all you mod'd.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
zero_zero what did you modify? I might not have a clean defaultsettings-db.xml file Im gonna have to check with vendor if thats all you mod'd.

Just that line, same format as you put it...mine is a generic version BTW... Your vendor should be able to tweak it for you, I don't see a reason why would it be locked to the desktop Dontknow

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
We copy and paste complete file case folder to dropbox location shared in all of our computers. Isn't it the same result you are looking for?

Top Bottom