Modelless full metal crown.

Chiolo C

Chiolo C

Reaction score
I have a Dr insisted on making fmc with modelless .
There would be a layer oxide things after casting, and the contact will
not accurate after grinding and polishing.
Right now i print a small solid model checking the contacts, and then threw it away after case finish.
Is the laser melting method works better? I don't want to spend on printing model any more.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
They don’t get to tell you how to make crowns. If you think you need a model to accurately adjust the contacts then keep doing what you’re doing. If he can’t deal with a separate model fee then add it into something else.

Last edited:
doug

doug

Reaction score
If you're designing off of a digital file you can send to someone like Argen and you will get back a crown that basically needs no adjustments. If he wants to pay lass because he's asking for no model, you can tell him to F#ck right off. Argen will mill a really nice crown. The Au40 is actually less expensive since there is less Pt,Pd in it and more Au.

edit for spelling

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Is the laser melting method works better?
NO! Once you ground out all the groves and polished it, your contacts are most likely gone. Fresh out of the SLM process, the surface is very rough.
send to someone like Argen and you will get back a crown that basically needs no adjustments.
I'd try this. I may actually try it myself :cool:

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I have a Dr insisted on making fmc with modelless .
There would be a layer oxide things after casting, and the contact will
not accurate after grinding and polishing.
Right now i print a small solid model checking the contacts, and then threw it away after case finish.
Is the laser melting method works better? I don't want to spend on printing model any more.
Design the file and send it to Strategy Milling. If you haven't used them, call them and get their parameters. I used to cast all my FGC, but this is so easy it's worth the money IMHO.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I would make the contacts heavy if you go modeless.
I have been using milled gold for a while now and have no use for my burnout and broken arm.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I have been using milled gold for a while now and have no use for my burnout and broken arm.
Absolutely agree. I also plus my contacts, but not my occlusion.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
no doubt.. the exact direction im headed..
I don't intend to Press either.

Chiolo C

Chiolo C

Reaction score
If you're designing off of a digital file you can send to someone like Argen and you will get back a crown that basically needs no adjustments. If he wants to pay lass because he's asking for no model, you can tell him to F#ck right off. Argen will mill a really nice crown. The Au40 is actually less expensive since there is less Pt,Pd in it and more Au.

edit for spelling
thanks, i will try argen if time allows

Top Bottom