Milling Centers - Who do you love?

tamara

tamara

Reaction score
What milling center(s) do you use for custom abutments?

:) Who do you love and what do you love about them? We want to know!

:mad: What has not worked for you?

Open Implants is considering subcontractors to mill OI custom titanium abutments. Open Implants only sells products that have FDA 510K clearance. The milling center(s) selected will need to have a quality management system in place.

Please share your recommendations and opinions!

Gary Grosclaude

Gary Grosclaude

Reaction score
I have used Dentsply/Atlantis for years. If I were starting a business, milling abutments, I would carefully study there process and try to mirror it. They have it down to a science. I like them because I can upload a scan to their server, they design the abutment, send images and I can approve or request changes and this leaves me time to do other things. Once the design is approved I get what they call a “core file” and I can have the crown milled and it will be ready to work on when I get the abutment the next day. It’s expensive but my clients don’t mind paying the extra because there Warranty and service are excellent.

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
Hi Gary: I would be curious to see what other milling centers can offer you the same service at a significantly lower price with the same warranty. Can you share with the group what you pay for these custom abutments and what type of abutments you are receiving. My company for example offers a premill titanium blank FDA approved along with a lifetime warranty on the DESS part and the implant itself like Atlantis and for a nominal fee a milling center make all of this for you I assume at 1/2 the price of what you are paying today. However would like to hear what you are paying and for what exactly. Thanks

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
TRU. Hands down. I use them all.

Top Bottom