milling Astra "EV" custom abutments

Edward123

Edward123

Reaction score
I've been seeing more of Astra's new EV platform abutment but cant find an outsource to mill them for me... besides Atlantis. I don't have any gripes with Atlantis. It's just that I would prefer to design the abutments myself with 3shape and have them milled that way as I do with all my other custom abutments. Atlantis doesn't seem to offer milling from any outside designs.
I've been checking around but have not found any milling center that is working with the new Astra EV's.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks for the help!

A

Acrylic Innovation

Reaction score
we are running into the same problem... we may also have a solution hopefully soon. will let u know

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
Atlantis is the only way to get custom abutments as of now for the EV, Its an evil Dentsply plan.

Edward123

Edward123

Reaction score
Atlantis is the only way to get custom abutments as of now for the EV, Its an evil Dentsply plan.
That's exactly what I was NOT hoping to hear !!!
I wonder if it's because the implant is relatively new or just not too popular? Shame we have to deal with this in the aftermarket world, and shame on Dentsply. If this is the case... I will wax and cast on UCLA's if they are available rather than depending on having someone else design for me. These EV's are both in-between other implants on a full arch case.

A

Acrylic Innovation

Reaction score
there are 4 cases sitting on my desk to ship to them... sucks, they are expensive... we have 2 Drs, that's all they use.

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
EV is currently only being offered through Dentsply.

Top Bottom