MB 5A1

P

pacosanman

Reaction score
Hi, have a MB 5A1 machine, I have running the SUM3D but I have many problems with flat connections, this happens to someone too? thank you very much

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
What is...."Flat Connection"

What problem??

Tools breaking?

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
Hi, have a MB 5A1 machine, I have running the SUM3D but I have many problems with flat connections, this happens to someone too? thank you very much

if you are using VZ and you have MZ in your garage, then you might be considered as a major contributor to GW.

best wishes

P

pacosanman

Reaction score
What is...."Flat Connection"

What problem??

Tools breaking?

hello, the problem is that the finish of connections implants bars wherein said implants are distant union bar analogous model with no place to go, are perfectly fine finishes and one by one fit perfectly but not as a whole.
In sum tell me it's problem of calibration of the machine and tell me that MB's problem SUM ...

P

pacosanman

Reaction score
hello, the problem is that the finish of connections implants bars wherein said implants are distant union bar analogous model with no place to go, are perfectly fine finishes and one by one fit perfectly but not as a whole.
In sum tell me it's problem of calibration of the machine and tell me that MB's problem SUM ...

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Try to 3d print the same CAD file......same results? Or perfect fit?

Maybe bad scanner data?

Maybe Bad Implant CAD Library?

Maybe something wrong with milling strategy?

We use DDG implant CAD library from Spain and the Titanium scan-markers.

We get data with German steinbichler scanner.

Fits are perfect with sum3d. (On HAAS CNC)

Very nice fits for implant bridge!

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
could be scanner, CAD or mill but very rarely SUM. Especially if they are the same interface type.
What scanner and cad are you using?

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
how about milling normal bridge using the same scanner and machine,,, do you have a problem with that too???? if yes then you have a real issue and need some serious help from your vendor.

if the normal bridges fit nicely, and you only have a problem with implant bridges or/and bars
then the problem is most likely not in cam software,, it is in cad design my assumption.

P

pacosanman

Reaction score
Thank you all for the answers.
When mill in the machine Hemler STL is perfect, the problem is mill in 5A1, when i mill plastic it´s ok too.I use the Optimet scanner with locators peek exocad and design. Not all bridges go wrong, for example if there are two or three are relatively near and no problem, the problem is when they are 5 to 6 implants and are more distant from each other when ill-fitting at the base of the implant.
The problem is when I have more angles of over 15 degrees.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
First check the scanner ( including markers) scan one of these cases two or three times and cut the scan that you have only the markers . Dont touch the markers while the second or third scan ( no rotation ) use a model where all markers can be scanned in one time. Load one model into exocad and the second as situ or whatever than match both models together if you press contr. alt c while best fit you can see the deviation colors this is not perfect but for a small check its ok. Some scan markers are are bull**** for these cases the old NT for example.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
Thank you all for the answers.
When mill in the machine Hemler STL is perfect, the problem is mill in 5A1, when i mill plastic it´s ok too.I use the Optimet scanner with locators peek exocad and design. Not all bridges go wrong, for example if there are two or three are relatively near and no problem, the problem is when they are 5 to 6 implants and are more distant from each other when ill-fitting at the base of the implant.
The problem is when I have more angles of over 15 degrees.

does that mean that one of the rotating axis (a or b) of the milling machine have a very limited rotating range say for example -15* to +15*???

MikeW

MikeW

Reaction score
As some have mentioned above, the scanning data is crucial to obtaining a proper fit. With so many scan flags, you may be missing data. Make sure to align them so the orientation flats are facing the image capture devices in the scanner. Also, if you have a soft-tissue model, remove the soft tissue in one of your scans (if possible to mate back together - like in 3Shape) so you can get more surface area of the scan flags for proper alignment.

Top Bottom