Material Separators

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Hey all,

I think I asked a similar question in the past, but now with access to more and newer printers I am trying to get a consensus on separators and what is working for others. Our biggest issue is usually with Acrylic sticking to materials that come out of our DLP or SLA printers, which we usually need Vaseline or something like that to even consider it.

In general we need to print any acrylic based models to our polyjet printer where standard separator works perfectly.

Has anyone had success using any other separators for DLP or SLA printed material? We have tried Cold Mold, Vaseline, Valplast, and just standard separator up to this point.

Thanks in advance!

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Vaseline is it.

Just dupe it in stone.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Vaseline is it.

Just dupe it in stone.
Yeah stone dupe is always an option but ideally we would like to cut the need of duping because it just adds time to the process. Might be wishful thinking though.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Yeah stone dupe is always an option but ideally we would like to cut the need of duping because it just adds time to the process. Might be wishful thinking though.
I always say, analog was the cheaper, faster way.

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
Anyone try this:

3D Model insulation​

Insulation for 3D models when processing cold-curing resin, such as STEADY-RESIN S. Application with enclosed brush provides optimum insulation, suitable for models generated with 3D printers.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
I haven't tried it and we've been looking for something as well or a different model resin but I've been wondering if the zhermack gingifast separator would work on something like this.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Hey all,

I think I asked a similar question in the past, but now with access to more and newer printers I am trying to get a consensus on separators and what is working for others. Our biggest issue is usually with Acrylic sticking to materials that come out of our DLP or SLA printers, which we usually need Vaseline or something like that to even consider it.

In general we need to print any acrylic based models to our polyjet printer where standard separator works perfectly.

Has anyone had success using any other separators for DLP or SLA printed material? We have tried Cold Mold, Vaseline, Valplast, and just standard separator up to this point.

Thanks in advance!
I tried vaseline and Tin foil substitute and both stuck to the printed model. Now I duplicate with stone and process on it.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
I tried vaseline and Tin foil substitute and both stuck to the printed model. Now I duplicate with stone and process on it.
I feel this is the best course but still going to keep the search up for a functional separator, if not might just need to dupe and go from there.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I would just buy the the sample size not the gallon.