Marking Margins w/DWOS

• Thread starter Brett Hansen CDT
  • Start date
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Sometimes when I am setting the margin, the green line between 2 of my dots gets "squiggly." This happens only on j-preps. I usually just delete a couple of the dots to get a smoother line on the margin or I will mark the margin just slightly overextended to eliminate the problem. Is there another way to fix this? What causes it?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
So I guess I am the only one who encounters this issue? :)

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I am using dental wings and have never encountered such a problem although I don't know what j-prep means (language issues) . The only time so far I had a problem marking margin was a case were I wanted to make a FCZ restoration , 24-25 abutments and 26 overlay connected . I couldn't as the overlay some how was messing up the whole thing . Dots not making sense and the green line between them was like a wave .

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
Sometimes when I am setting the margin, the green line between 2 of my dots gets "squiggly." This happens only on j-preps. I usually just delete a couple of the dots to get a smoother line on the margin or I will mark the margin just slightly overextended to eliminate the problem. Is there another way to fix this? What causes it?

No Brett - you are not alone we do see this happen with one of our doc's who does a " j-prep" - not sure what causes it either, but we do the same as you

Greg Amendola MDT

B

Buried1999

Reaction score
1) Standard margin design: If you have j-margin then you will just uncheck "project margin on surface" and mark margin line "unprojected". But in this case you will need to make more dots to increase efficiency. (This is what I think.)
2) Switching design view: The other margin design (used generally for inlays) has automatic "follow the crevice" option for j-margins. After that, you can still try projected or unprojected.

The cause is equator. The software is unable to identify where the equator is when the dot is just inside the "J". With new design view (follow crevice) I have never seen this happen.

Top Bottom