Long screw retained implant

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Isn't the Nobel driver tapered at the end, and will strip the screw very easily?

It is a very unique shape tool and screw (Nobel)

I do not recommend using the wrong tool on the right screw!

I have had many Docs faqrk up in a serious way doing exactly this!!

My hand still hurts from trying to slap the stupid out of them!

I think he may have just been using the Nobel driver as a visual in the picture and I was just bustin balls. Not many of us have the LONG straumann HAND driver. I have long drivers from Smile Line and a set from DIAMODENT that suit my needs here in the lab.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
John, it is a standard torx driver you can get at any HomeDepot or Lowes.

Or Harbor freight, or NorthernTool.

Also found at Radio Shack. (The Shack thanks you! As always)

The Nobel Driver is NOT found in the regular tool-world.

If you spent more than $3 for a hardened tool-steel driver, then I am sorry to hear.

Hary

Hary

Reaction score
I rather follow the molar not to put any occlusion on that. If the dentist insists you just do a diagnostic wax up full contour and show the dentist how stupid it would look and not only that the failure chances that comes with it... just mentioning this to the dentist he will think twice...

Last edited:
SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
I rather follow the molar not to put any occlusion on that. If the dentist insists you just do a diagnostic wax up full contour and show the dentist how stupid it would look and not only that the failure chances that comes with it... just mentioning this to the dentist he will think twice...

The patient looks goofy already. The extra long implants will probably look more "natural" than an even occlusal plane.

Thanks for the tip about the regular torx head ***, I really didn't feel like shelling out $100+ for a mini screw driver. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349584649.127520.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349584649.127520.jpg

Top Bottom