Least expensive Chrome Cobalt outsource?

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
So the time it takes to fabricate some NP frames for provisional shells is ridiculous.
It would be so much easier to send an STL somewhere if the price was right?
The photos show and example of what I have to do to build a shell splinted with NP.
Is there anywhere I could send an STL and pay like $20-30 to have these millled/printed?
15852404690_b40d11a057.jpg
15852228908_13bd6342f9.jpg
17401357285_3e778a058b.jpg
17401357805_3abfeb4656.jpg
17213555558_d055212b36.jpg
17193893157_5deba3679f.jpg
17401359575_ed48ae20a4.jpg
16781070553_08991fe686.jpg

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Use the RPD module and remit your design to RPD3D? I think the cost would be around $80 for a chrome cobalt frame....

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Marcus, did you do the wax up?

Last edited:
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Yes, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
$80 is far too much for provisional shell frames.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I think it looks fantastic. Love the anteriors shape, contours and morphology. Very nice work :)
Thanks, some days I can wax well, some days I can't.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
This was one of your good days :) We all have those kind of days, just wish the good ones would go from days to weeks to years :D

Last edited:
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Its 75 unpolished for the frame Marcus not per unit, also a round house like that in my lab for shell temp with cast reinforcement sells for 70 a unit a round house is almost a grand with model work.

Even at this price it is way cheaper than waxing it your self and casting it the way you showed it. You can do this type of temp in CAD way faster and mill the channel for your reinforcement slightly different than you have shown and cold cure it back in.

My experience with this sort of reinforcement is that it actually is not a big benefit unless its much thicker in chrome and then it becomes a head ache to the client if we have to reduce the preps more to accommodate for the added dimension.Nothing is worse than if they have to grind the metal before relining.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Its 75 unpolished for the frame Marcus not per unit, also a round house like that in my lab for shell temp with cast reinforcement sells for 70 a unit a round house is almost a grand with model work.

Even at this price it is way cheaper than waxing it your self and casting it the way you showed it. You can do this type of temp in CAD way faster and mill the channel for your reinforcement slightly different than you have shown and cold cure it back in.

My experience with this sort of reinforcement is that it actually is not a big benefit unless its much thicker in chrome and then it becomes a head ache to the client if we have to reduce the preps more to accommodate for the added dimension.Nothing is worse than if they have to grind the metal before relining.
Make a putty matrix of the temps to use as a prep guide.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score

I may cold cure it back in, but if I cut a shelve or channel in my temp shell, build a patter, cast it, it may not fit as well as if I flask injected onto it. That lil bit of NP in the photo is difficult to cast without some warping. Even with the pattern resin.
We're at $65 a unit for provisionals as I alway have layered/internal staining. They're just so much work for such a small fee. Thats been a problem with lab processed provisionals for every lab. The D2000 will arrive on Mon/Tues next week. Can't wait for it to change the way I do EVERYTHING.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score

The problem with prep a matrix is its just an arbitrary SUGGESTION to the client on where to go, often times we do not have all the details on how much to prep and thats why Minimally prepping solves this issue on most occasions. When I make a matrix for shell temps to aid the dr I hate it because often times they UNDER reduce because they can get the matrix in and seated and they Think this is all we need.

My biggest most active accounts are now two staging (making direct temps, sending peeped model, scan design mill Beta appliance) temp/evaluate with cad temps, prior to milling the finals.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Always do. Everything is based of a diagnostic waxup built on a Semi adjustable facebow transfered with occ guide table.
From the diagnostic waxup the temps and prep guides are built.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
The problem with prep a matrix is its just an arbitrary SUGGESTION to the client on where to go, often times we do not have all the details on how much to prep and thats why Minimally prepping solves this issue on most occasions. When I make a matrix for shell temps to aid the dr I hate it because often times they UNDER reduce because they can get the matrix in and seated and they Think this is all we need.

My biggest most active accounts are now two staging (making direct temps, sending peeped model, scan design mill Beta appliance) temp/evaluate with cad temps, prior to milling the finals.
Yes John, this is most certainly something I plan on doing once our 3shape arrives and were out of the stone age.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score

Make two matrices. One master and one they slice sagitally as they go.
They will then be able to see the lingual easily. My clients request it now.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Make two matrices. One master and one they slice sagitally as they go.
They will then be able to see the lingual easily. My clients request it now.
I have one doc who utilizes one prep guide matrix that is just a facial window. He uses it well and could probably do without it as he is that good. The rest of the accounts don't know how to use the prep guides and don't understand why I ask them how they liked them designed.
If I were a dentist I would prep everything, then use the sagittal slice technique and adjust each prep accordingly as I sliced my way down the putty guide. So with these other docs, I make them a few. one with a window, one to show the lingual, and one to show the incisal, and charge them for one. At least it helps me down the line in production...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

I bet that's still faster than a remake.Good for you John. Did you have to get physical with them or did they get it from the start?

Top Bottom