Lackluster 3Shape PC?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if 3shape DID become compatible with newer processor architecture, they would have to devote time every month to roll out patches as new processors are added.

that bogs down the computer even more, especially considering all that processing back end adds to 3shape's vulnerable security. it would add instability long term.

but all of it really isnt a problem, because this is how embedded computers work; installing 3shape to run on the computer that comes embedded in your 3dsystems printer ultimately wouldnt be too bad of an idea. it would run just fine. embedded computers are mostly x86 architecture precisely because the newest hardware even if its more powerful, doesnt offer an upgrade in I/O functionality, so one or two factories in south china can corner the market on old CPU and mother boards for embedded pc IO systems.

you remember that Chevy commercial with the electronic suspension function, advertizing 1000 times per second the car (or was it truck) calculates the best stability? thats a 1khz microprocessor. thats the oldest pc architecture in the book. its effectively not improved by a 1Mhx pentium architecture cpu. how would you notice 1 million calculations per second? effectively null for this application. thats why embedded PC's dont need new CPU's.

3shape was designed to run on that.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I like the second line on page 2... " Not intended for end user information ".....

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
That's good to hear, but we were told by two different re-sellers that we had to use this pc with the scanner. If I were to build a different PC to use with the scanner, how do I go about switching the license and software to said PC and everything?

Contact your reseller. It's really easy. They can get you set up on your new PC in 30 mins no problem. Download the correct Dental Designer on the new computer and move the dongle from the old to the new. BAM!

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I recently. Built a custom build, i7 hdd core, 64gb ram, 1080ti, m.2 Samsung evo ssd, 2tb western digital 2tb black hdd, msi mother board and a huge nactua CPU cooler (air cooler) and a 850 evga platinum psu. Kicks ass. For the lab I bought two HP omen towers, kills a full arch implant bridge with ease. 1600.00. No need to build a PC like mine, I just did it because. There are plenty of good ones out there. Asus ROG, HP Omen, Alienware etc.

Key factors:
-i7quad or higher the higher ghz better
-16gb min 32 I deal 64 overkill
-ssd or m.2 ssd as boot drive and normal -7200rpm hdd 2tb or higher
-nvidia gtx 1060 or higher 6tb or ram or more, 4tb will do but not for long

Other then that nothing else makes a difference.

Scanner will work on it as well. I see you got two design seats. Are you planning on having two people design or did you nie know you can splint the design seat and scanned seat to have one design while one scans. One dongle can be split so one can design while kne scans two PC's are needed but not a additional design seat. Just want want I make sure your clear and dont waste money. Lol cause how you can have three PC's one scan and two design, or one design while the other scans and design on the same pc.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Note: The RAM will operate better if you get the higher MHz. Cleaner and faster! Try to find 3200 MHz.

:p

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
Note: The RAM will operate better if you get the higher MHz. Cleaner and faster! Try to find 3200 MHz.

Yeah i was planning on using 3000 MHz memory, but I may bump it up to 3200

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
I'm curious, has anyone tried a second-gen Ryzen CPU with 3Shape?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Just build one on Cybertron PC. The one I liked was about $6400. But I don't run normal 3Shape. Lol. I'm preparing for the next 10 years.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

I Got 2 sets of G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200. so Eviltongue