Just Bought Straumann CARES with DDW Software--Need Help--

B

biodentalab

Reaction score
Hello!

We just purchased the sacanner and I am trying to find out if there is any abutment library for DDW that is economically priced.

Glidewell charges $725 for abutment kit.

And also, I am looking for a solid and reliable milling center. Would appreciate your recommendation!!!!

Thank you in advance!

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
I think you will find $725 on the low end for the amount of scanning abutments included in that kit.

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
$725.00 is cheap compared to ELOS and others. What exactly are you looking to get out of the implant library? One piece Ti, ZR Hybrid?

Sevan

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Not to sound like a Debbie Downer, but why on gods green earth would purchase the Straumann scanner? I've not heard one good thing about the CS2, actually a lab I know of has gone through 12 of their CS2 scanners! For the money you spent you coulda got a truley open scanner that didn't suck, and makes sense! I know cuz I have the ES1 scanner from Etkon the 1st generation. Not a whole lot different. Plus DW is in the back of the bus when compared to 3Shape and especially Exocad. I'm not trying to be totally negotiate, but I'm finding it ironic that you bought a scanner from an implant company and are looking for an implant library to send out someplace else. Funny. NT trading has a kit, not sure if its compatible with DW. You can get the Floux kit from Astra/Dentsply and send to Atlantis. That I do know works with DW, but you loose design capabilities when sending to Atlantis. Just scan and send, then accept the design. Good luck with your scanner

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Hey I can mill for you. Good quality and service.

doug

doug

Reaction score
You cannot send to Atlantis with the CS2. The new 8.0 software is a big improvement and a lot more efficient. Get in touch with CMC, they will sell you the scan bodies individually for the implants and will place an implant library on there for you for free.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
I'll second Doug on this. Get in touch with CMC and buy only the scan bodies for the most common implant brands that show up in your lab. No need to buy a whole set.

labman01

labman01

Reaction score
Hello!

We just purchased the sacanner and I am trying to find out if there is any abutment library for DDW that is economically priced.

Glidewell charges $725 for abutment kit.

And also, I am looking for a solid and reliable milling center. Would appreciate your recommendation!!!!

Thank you in advance!

I gotta ask why, what made you decide to go with straumann?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
i thought the only reason to buy a Stramann scanner is if you wanted to tie in with their milling centre.

Now your looking to outsource elsewhere right off the bat. Im confused as well.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
this sounds fishy to me..

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
And why buy a new one from them (unless you do a lot of their implants)???? Many used scanners could be had for pay-off, I'd bet!

Top Bottom