C

crdl

Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently inherited an old Ivoclar S1. I'd like to use it as a back up to our main oven. Does anyone have sintering cycles that are working for Cercon?

Thanks!

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently inherited an old Ivoclar S1. I'd like to use it as a back up to our main oven. Does anyone have sintering cycles that are working for Cercon?

Thanks!
Start with the manufacturer's recommended firing parameters and adjust as necessary. If they come out too chromatic and opaque raise the temp 10C until you get your desired results. If they come out too pale and translucent, lower 10C until you get the desired result.

You may have to put in dummy stages for the cycle if it has less than 5 stages.

I am attaching the Instructions For Use for the furnace to help you through the programing process.

I would also recommend updating the software in the furnace to the latest version. You will need a laptop and a USB Printer Cable to do the update. The update is attached as well.

Attachments

• Programat S1-BA-e_V2_0912_630461.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • Software Update Programat S1 - S1 1600 V6.0.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 3
  • Programing S1 Furnace with Fast Program.pdf
    258.2 KB · Views: 4
C

crdl

Reaction score
I really appreciate the response, and time you took to do so. I will definately update the oven.

When you say dummy stages, should I enter in zero's, or just put the same parameters as the previous stage? The manufacturer recommends a 3 stage process, and I've attached what was in the oven when it was given to me.

As you can see they came out pale and opaque, which is my cause for confusion.

Attachments

• IMG_5054.jpeg
    IMG_5054.jpeg
    244.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5052.jpeg
    IMG_5052.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5053.jpeg
    IMG_5053.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 17
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
On your 2nd image, you may be holding it for an additional 2:25 at temp =s 4:50. Add a zero hold time on the t3 setting and try another sinter. Where your at right now, start the program and notice the time it shows to run it. Make the above change, as in my image, and start the program and it should show the corresponding lower sinter cycle time. Your temp rates seem really high, try 10c per minute? Unless you have it set for Fahrenheit?

On one I have it set to cool to 100, the other I set it for 0. Now sure it makes to much of a difference.
20230106_182453.jpg
20230106_182517.jpg
20230106_182804.jpg

Last edited:
C

crdl

Reaction score
Thank you. I also thought the climb rate seemed high, but this is actually what Cercon calls for in the manual. How long is your cycle? The one I have above is just over 6 hours. Just curious what I should be looking for. Are you using Cercon on this program?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I don't use Cercon, so I'm at a bit of a loss on that one.
I have a couple of programs per zirconia depending on the units. My 5c to 1200 then 5c to 1510 was probably from a program that was 10c to 1200 then 5c to 1510 that I "copied" but could have just run it straight to 1510 at 5c :)

My normal cycles, HT+ and Bruxzir are about 8 - 9 hours for singles and small bridges. Ivoclar Prime is 9:47 for the normal cycle and 4:23 for their speed cycle. Yours is so quick due to the high climb and cool rate. If they say 40, just confirm that in S1 settings, you're running the same temp unit as Cercon's recommendations.
Left side screwdriver icon:
20230106_185825.jpg

Last edited:
C

crdl

Reaction score
They do in fact say 40 degree climb, but it's for a two stage firing. I'm going to try slowing it down. 🤞

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You know your sintering cycles, as you have that information right in front of you, but from what I found (Dentsply Sirona website was under maintenance last night),the speed cycle is 2:50, then there's the 4-hour cycle, then a 7:35 cycle, which it says is for the HT, but the information also says the firing programs are for all that line of zirconia?

I'm tapping out. Maybe someone will see this thread and help you who has a greater understanding of Cercon. You'll get it figured out. Vroam

cercon ht.jpg

cercon x.jpg

Last edited:
Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I really appreciate the response, and time you took to do so. I will definately update the oven.

When you say dummy stages, should I enter in zero's, or just put the same parameters as the previous stage? The manufacturer recommends a 3 stage process, and I've attached what was in the oven when it was given to me.

As you can see they came out pale and opaque, which is my cause for confusion.
Sorry, it took a bit to get back with you. Luckily Car54 answered your question. The extended time at that temp (which might still be too low) would likely burn off more of the coloring ions making it more pale, but because it might not still be at the proper temp not all grain boundaries would fuse together leaving small spaces between some grains causing more opacity.