Ivocap shrinkage

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I used to soak my denture teeth in monomer in the putty and I had issues with the putty swelling.

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
I use less putty on injections. I just try to cover the height of the gingiva and expose as much tooth structure as I can to allow them to be “locked” into the stone. Buccal only.

Irosemal

Irosemal

Reaction score
I have been using pala putty around my full dentures when I invest for Ivocap. The dentures are beautiful when I devest them. The problem I;m having is that I have approximately 1mm of shrinkage in the posterior teeth. I have been opening the bite 1mm and resetting the posterior teeth before I invest. Otherwise I end up with anterior occlusion..
Has anyone experienced this and is there a solution, besides not using putty?
Thanks
I experienced this same exact issue . It’s VERY FRUSTRATING!
I was processing all on four or five provisional prototypes, and standard f/f . I used to ONLY use blue stone for investment around teeth . However, this method doesn’t work using older warped flasks..... so I switched to Pala hard putty . In addition, I have also tried several brands and hardnesses of putty . I undercut my putty so it locks into the stone.
(Deflasking is much easier using the putty )
I’ve tried mixing the material more or less and adjusting cure times as well . Bench cool vs waterbath....
The problem remains .
When I process a titanium bar attached to implant abutments it’s perfect , no issues.
Now , most of my prototypes are scanned and milled . Just can’t deal with it anymore.