Is it me or Zirkonzahn have disapointed all their customers with glitchy updates?

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
In past two weeks Zirkonzahn is implementing new updates of CAD and CAM software (modified Exocad and SUM3D) And thats then sh*t had hit the fan... One problem is following another. They gave it away unfinished and full with issues.
Maybe in North Americas they were more careful and haven't done it yet?
My advise for colleagues around the globe: if you are a crazy about modeling and milling all kinds of ridiculous complicated constructions - avoid new version of CAM!!! Exo seems to be ok for now... I hope so.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
In past two weeks Zirkonzahn is implementing new updates of CAD and CAM software (modified Exocad and SUM3D) And thats then sh*t had hit the fan... One problem is following another. They gave it away unfinished and full with issues.
Maybe in North Americas they were more careful and haven't done it yet?
My advise for colleagues around the globe: if you are a crazy about modeling and milling all kinds of ridiculous complicated constructions - avoid new version of CAM!!! Exo seems to be ok for now... I hope so.

I feel your pain, 3shape has been the same on 2015 lately. It sucks when things were fine and the new version is worse.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
images
:)

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I find all updates can be glitchy we have had probs with this from ZZ in the past but lately they have been really smooth touch wood.

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
I have had consistent problems with ZZ on updates. Now I just leave software in older versions because its a pain in the a$$

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
I have had consistent problems with ZZ on updates. Now I just leave software in older versions because its a pain in the a$$

tomas

tomas

Sponsors
Reaction score
i think so .but Zirkonzahn is not close system , is it right ?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
i think so .but Zirkonzahn is not close system , is it right ?

Closed in they way that their libraries only work on their software, special implant markers and parts only work on their system, The mill will mill any STL files but, it is more closed then 3Shape or ExoCad, Nobel, Straumann and other implant companies will never be on ZZ system that is a closed system.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
they have scan markers for all those systems i already make models etc for those systems using their ZZ software ,it is based on exocad after all.Sevan p where do you get your info from 3shape?.I find 3shape far more closed by the way they charge thousands for everything and the way the resellers dont like talking to each other it drives me nuts.If I could just buy the 3 shape software and it was able to easily work with other resellers 3 shape and exocad ie really was truly open i would buy it now this very second.Even apple and micosoft work better with each other than 3 shape does with its own 3shape. I can smell the smoke coming out the 3shapers ears right now as I type.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
they have scan markers for all those systems i already make models etc for those systems using their ZZ software ,it is based on exocad after all.Sevan p where do you get your info from 3shape?.I find 3shape far more closed by the way they charge thousands for everything and the way the resellers dont like talking to each other it drives me nuts.If I could just buy the 3 shape software and it was able to easily work with other resellers 3 shape and exocad ie really was truly open i would buy it now this very second.Even apple and micosoft work better with each other than 3 shape does with its own 3shape. I can smell the smoke coming out the 3shapers ears right now as I type.

Yes they have markers for most implant systems, but does Nobel make a marker that works on ZZ system? All ZZ markers only work on a ZZ system. Maybe you should of bought from argen, lol. If you don't charge for the use of a software and you only sell it, how long do you expect to stay in business? Not very long, that's why they charge, yeah it might be a bit much but that's how they stay in business. So by them charging makes it a closed system? Lol I don't think so. If a 3rd party can't work in conjunction with that syatem, then it's a closed syatem, simple as that. Exocad isn't a closed system, but ZZ to me is. Nothing wrong with being a closed system.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I have no problem with making a buck but 1/2 the time 3 shape doesnt talk to 3shape and the fees they charge are ridiculous people keep telling me this or that company is open or not open Im sorry thats the funniest thing of all it is never straight forward.The 1st company to have a microsoft approach is the one that will do the best ,because even if its not the best but still is easy to use and works with most things it will be the the winner and the rest will be betamax if you are old enough to know what that is.If you look microsoft and apple they have become more and more like each other thats why the rule the world you can still read an email from a microsoft computer on an applemac and vice versa.At the momement things are set up so samsung cant talk to your iphone unless you pay thousands of dollars for that small function.

L

lucky54

Reaction score
Heyyyyyyyy Cadfan mit welchem System hast du sie schon benutzt kannst du die Library empfehlen?

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
I use all I want from ZZ , implant, anatomy, screws , scanbodies that I mill myself , the best databases, what better ?

I'm not ZZ customer but you help me every days !

Thanks ZZ !
blow.gif

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
L

lucky54

Reaction score
Seeking Neoss adhesive abutments are they inside?Cannot find them.
Which mill do you use?

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
Closed in they way that their libraries only work on their software, special implant markers and parts only work on their system, The mill will mill any STL files but, it is more closed then 3Shape or ExoCad, Nobel, Straumann and other implant companies will never be on ZZ system that is a closed system.
You can install open libraries for extra cash

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
I use all I want from ZZ , implant, anatomy, screws , scanbodies that I mill myself , the best databases, what better ?

I'm not ZZ customer but you help me every days !

Thanks ZZ !
blow.gif

Capture.JPG
Yeah thats really cool, but remember they only made a close enough geometry of RN Tissue Level (Synocta) Straumann implants. Not a match for original ones :/

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
That's right Altrex !

If you look well, I corrected the stl file (in grey) with the WorNC file (in yellow) to get the original Straumann geometry ....

When you have grey and yellow area on the same file , the milling machine (who runs on WNC) uses always the yellow area .

Last edited:
AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
That's right Altrex !

If you look well, I corrected the stl file (in grey) with the WorNC file (in yellow) to get the original Straumann geometry ....

When you have grey and yellow area on the same file , the milling machine (who runs on WNC) uses always the yellow area .
you smart *ss french guy... dealt with it like a pro

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
You can install open libraries for extra cash

LOL so they charge you install open libraries huh? LOL and you guys still think it is an open system? I can install any library for free.

Top Bottom