Intraoral scans for Implants

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
Is anyone used/heard of a company that prints models with soft tissue and analogs? Running into some problems with digital scans on implant cases.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Argen or WhipMix should be able to help you. Otherwise there are members here that do that if you have the proper scans. Good Luck, more explanation would result in more concise answers.

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
So I am running into insertion direction issues with bridge cases with multiple implants. I need a model to check everything after completion of the crowns and custom abutments. I contacted my rep at Argen, hopefully she can lead me in the right direction. Thanks for the tip.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
If you mean that the analog and soft tissue are printed at the same time, no, that doesn't exist (to my knowledge). But, pretty much every implant system has all the components available to create a 3D model that can accept an analog (they make analogs specifically for 3d printed models, traditional ones won't work) and I know that on 3Shape when you build the model you can create a removable insert for soft tissue creation. I assume exocad has a similar feature. In terms of a company, any company printing quality 3d models will equally be able to handle an implant model because in terms of printing there really isn't a difference. Once you get the models you just place the correct analog, create a matrix over the soft tissue insert and use that to create your soft tissue model.

Which analogs you would need to use will depend somewhat on which scan bodies were used

I agree with Mike2 that more explanation would be helpful for a more specific answer

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
So I am running into insertion direction issues with bridge cases with multiple implants. I need a model to check everything after completion of the crowns and custom abutments. I contacted my rep at Argen, hopefully she can lead me in the right direction. Thanks for the tip.
Insertion directions with what? the implant analogs or having all abutments have the same insertion direction?

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
all abutments having the same insertion direction.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
are you using 3shape or exocad?

a more full explanation of the situation you are trying to figure out would be helpful. I'm not certain where in your workflow you are having issues.

In 3shape there is a function to keep abutments all using the same insertion direction (I don't particularly like it, but it may be helpful if you are having issues with this)

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
Im using Exocad. If I am doing angled tibase, the system is easy enough to adjust. But for custom abutments I seem to be missing the bar somewhere. Extremely frustrating

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
ah ok, I probably can't help you with anything too specific in terms of exocad, but in regards to your intial question about printing 3d models my first response I believe is still accurate

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
So Argen makes printed implant models with analogs (really cool) but the type of system my Dr. placed is not on their list (not so cool)
Thanks for the help, and sorry for being so vague. Its not a specific case, its about 3.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
What implant system, if I may ask?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
MIS has been bought over by Dentsply the last time I check.
Atlantis no help?
LCM

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So Argen makes printed implant models with analogs (really cool) but the type of system my Dr. placed is not on their list (not so cool)
Thanks for the help, and sorry for being so vague. Its not a specific case, its about 3.
Argen will print a model and soft tissue.The model will have the compatible socket designed from the oem dme files for that particular implant.
They also have their own compatable analogs and abutments / ti bases. I think they have mis .

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i use asiga exocad and zirkonzahn software they make great models using the 3.