Insulating putty.

N

noenegdod

Reaction score
Ah, that makes sense. I dont do any tinting, never have, probably never will, most of my patients dont care about having teeth that look good on the night stand, they're more "rubber hits the road" folks.

I came back and typed this after reading through what I had typed below. I have ADD and am a "bottom liner", "just the facts ma'am" . I cut to the chase and puke out the information. I often offend and that is not the intention. Before I was licensed as a Denturist I worked in an industrial setting and am a journey man welder, steel fabricator and Power/Process engineer. I have a ton of experience in thermodynamics, Hydraulics, Pneumatics and anything else you would expect to run into in a refinery or power plant. I was immediately comfortable with Ivocap as a result of my experience am very confident in the success of any "experiments" I do. So again, I am not trying to offend, have a pissing contest, or anything else, I am honestly just trying to share my experience and acquire others. I also appreciate any feed back anyone is willing to offer me on the way I interact on here as the diagnosis of ADD is relatively new and I am working hard on correcting a lifetime of social misfortune and feedback is invaluable.

The acrylic flows so slowly through the sprue, and the acrylic sticks to the surface to such a degree that the surface texture of the sprue is essentially irrelevant. The bore diameter is what matters and at that what Ivoclar recommends is 3 or 4 times what is actually required. The sprues I grind in are half the size of the spure wax and they still pack a case in less than 5 min. Once its packed all the sprue has to do is supply enough material to allow for shrinkage at a rate that maintains pressure in the case. I was experimenting with sprue size and the smallest I ever had the balls to try was a half round, 1.5mm dia sprue (1.5mm wide and .75mm deep) spure in a CUD. Let it inject for a lot longer (half hour),came out perfect.

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
image.jpg
So here what I have tried so far. Ordered some bite reg as well. Will use it next time and see which one works the best for me. Thanks so much once again for everyone's help. I appreciate it.

ZsoltM

ZsoltM

Reaction score
View attachment 14726
So here what I have tried so far. Ordered some bite reg as well. Will use it next time and see which one works the best for me. Thanks so much once again for everyone's help. I appreciate it.

You are all supplier's dream.....:)

I use use the Zhermack myself.....I use a strong/rigid bristle mail cleaning brush to create retention. It is fast and create quite much higher retentive surface. Something to try....

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
You are all supplier's dream.....:)

I use use the Zhermack myself.....I use a strong/rigid bristle mail cleaning brush to create retention. It is fast and create quite much higher retentive surface. Something to try....
Do you have a pic of the brush by any chance?

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
I'm surprised you even tried the densulate. Hate that crap. The walnut shells for retention are only one of the myriad reasons you couldn't get me to ever use it again even if you held me at gunpoint.
It is crap. It looked ok at boil out but when I pack and press it distorted the palate because it is too soft. However it will bond to the putty so I can use it in combination to get better detail.

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
image.jpg
View attachment 14736 I like zhermack so far out of all others.
Finished. Would have looked much better with a premium tooth but not bad classics. I am going to phase out classics and switch to vita mft for my economy line. It screws up all my esthetics.

Last edited:
appledental

appledental

Reaction score
That's still a damn good result for Classics
Thanks. Trying to do gingival shading but my color tint set is on back order. All I have been able to get so far is the light pink gingival powder. Hope to get better next time.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Did you use two putties or putty with catalyst?
Sorry I have to clarify. I usually don't use zetalabor for anything else but relines closed flask...So I would not get it sticking to pre-processed acrylic. I recently had a case and tried it on the buccal and labial surfaces and it stuck like the ****ens....Next case I tried a two stage putty called Zhermack elite hd....but I will do lab work with platinum 85 by the same company. The elite hd came out really nicely...So I expect that the 85 will work just fine....I do recall doing a molloplast reline and cursing the zetalabor for sticking to the l molloplast.....I guess there must be something to that addition reaction or condensation reaction that makes it stick. But from now on I will use addition reaction putty only on the labial and buccal sides. Once a Student always a student...

Top Bottom