Implant Lectures

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
We gave an implant lecture last Tuesday at the Hilton hotel in Manchester to a group of Implant surgeons and Techs, then out of the blue we were asked to lecture again on the Friday to two separate groups of VT'S. Really enjoyed the lectures and the round of applause at the end of Tuesdays lecture really did help to ease my nerves. :)

The main emphasis was to show work flow from an impression arriving at the lab to it going back to the surgeon but with lots of hints to the dentist on what not to send us, twisted face bows, dragged imps, poor implant placement and so on. We really felt like it was well received and are thinking of putting more of them on.

Do you think its a good investment of time and are you doing it on a regular basis? Thanks Pete K2

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Did you video your lecture? Love to see it.
Only you can tell whether it was a good use of your time, but any indirect method of educating your accounts on how to get things done efficiently and correctly is likely worth the time. Remember, labs see "patients" x the number of accounts more than the individual dentist therefore you actually see many more cases. Plus, it's an nice indirect marketing opportunity. Congrats! You've done a difficult thing and apparently well!
Done it too- stressful, not on a regular basis, but I believe they could pay off. Made some good contacts for potential future work.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Anytime you can teach someone something else that is eager to learn, it's a win-win situation. Sounds like you have a speaking career ahead of you Pete, Congrats!!!

T

thewhitelab

Reaction score
Wish you had mentioned earlier Pete, my lab is across the road from the Hilton, next time (sounds like there will be) must meet up.

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
I have always enjoyed giving lectures and taught Tech students for about eight years and have done a few recently but mostly to techs. I dont know if i could keep sarcasm out of my talks if they were to dentists lol! Just a talk on filling lab sheets would be good for me!

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
I have always enjoyed giving lectures and taught Tech students for about eight years and have done a few recently but mostly to techs. I dont know if i could keep sarcasm out of my talks if they were to dentists lol! Just a talk on filling lab sheets would be good for me!

you like a challenge! lol

PK2 - great investment of time :thumb:

Top Bottom