Implant Bridge Build

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
what can i say Al !!!!!!!!!! great.
did you make a complete full wax up before you started the case???

Hi Gdental no I waxed it like it is a shrink down version of the final.

Have to use a bit of imagination or be able to invision the results before you start.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Al , as always truely an inspiration seeing your work up on the screen.
What type of porcelain did you use for this case.
i do most of my work in creation and sometimes it is just a nightmare-
i also do some work in ceramco 3 but that always seems to fall short of the mark

Why what is the problem with Creation. Ive never tried it.

I use Inline.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Here is a case I just put in the oven. I am going to press it tonight.

Its a rush case. A student at the school for the deaf is going home for the summer. I have to have it finished for a 2:00 seat tomorow.

Its a 4 unit Emax bridge. #23-26. Its really pretty small and could be a 3unit br.
Its B3, and I will use 1 small ingot. It weighs .6 The Dr asked for pink porc where I need it.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em2.jpg

I do the wax up on both the solid model and the master model with the tissue removed.
I do the margins and the occlusion on the master model and use the solid model to adapt the tissue and close the spaces.
I slightly releive the tissue area on the solid model to make it snug.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em4.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em5.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em6.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em7.jpg

Cutback, I did not reduce the incisal edge I am leaving some core material in occlusion. I reduced the F and L of the edges and I will wrap it with incisal.
The L incisal edge is reduced only about 1.5 to 2mm down the rest of the lingual will be full contour.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em8.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em9.jpg

Sprue, and keep my fingers crossed because there is no room for error.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em10.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em2.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em4.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em5.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em6.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em7.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em8.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em9.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em10.jpg

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
She fit like a glove.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em11.jpg

Stained it up.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em12.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em11.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em12.jpg

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
First bake

Incisal 1, OE1, OE4

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em13.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em13.jpg

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
Al
creation problem , you need to be right on with all your layers - no going back to add dentin on 2nd or 3rd bakes-due to opacity level, get strong line of demarcation
some times cant get steam rips or voids to fill in on bakes
it is almost a love/hate relationship

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Ok, so that must be why they just came out with the Transition Dentin.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
2nd Bake

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em14.jpg

Ready to slick up for glaze

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em15.jpg

Glaze
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em16.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em17.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em18.jpg

It came out decent for a rush case and with out preop pictures. All I got was B3.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em19.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em20.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em31.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em32.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em33.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em34.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em14.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em15.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em16.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em17.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em18.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em19.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em20.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em31.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em32.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em33.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_em34.jpg

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Mabey I should have opened up the embrasures on the abuttments?

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
maybe the shade of gingival caramic is a bit clear???
where did you put the incisal and the oe1 oe4 exactly?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I get spooked about opening up the embrassures too much. I'd hate to create a vegamatic spinach trap that collects everything, sometimes more stain is better for hygenic reasons. I think your embrassures are fine.It looks like you matched the value well.
I'm loving the OE 1 and OE2.I noticed you use the OE4 for a white effect,is that accurate?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Its not that the gin ceramic is too trans its G1 and its kind of a sickly violet pink color. Its the only shade I have for emax. I need to order the rest of the shades.

I put a little OE1 on the D incisal edges and put regular incisal over it.
For the OE4 I put that on the lingual incisal edge or use it in the 2nd bake to sharpen up the incisal edges and add a ring around them.
You can see the effect on the right central. A dentin core surrounded by trans incisal which is surrounded by the whiter OE4. Kind of like the rings on a tree.

Also I use the OE4 or most times Oe3 to highlight the line angles to help give the V shape to the teeth to take away form the picket fence look.

This was really a very quick and simple build. It was very productive.

The wax up is what takes the most time.

The white crack lines I painted on the core really are too thick or mabey I should have used vanilla or crackliner instead of white. But they looked really good by eye, you didnt really notice the cracks but it broke up the teeth.

Last edited:
disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
HOORAY, WEAR FACETS!!! your work reminds me of my trainer. bravo! beautiful work al.
I have found mixing the pink porcelain with red or pink stain (quite a bit) from the essence kit helps with the tissue color a lot of the time.

Top Bottom