Imetric D104

U

user

Reaction score
Hello guys, our lab is looking for new scanner. This time we look for a non year fees scanner and going to try it with Wieland mini. We find that imetric may be the one we interesting but there are some problems with it. Here is the information:

Scanner: Imetric D104
CAD software: Exocad ( we dont have any experience with it)
It use white light tech for scanning. It has two cameras (1.3mpixel). From the research I found that they said the accuracy is 0.005mm.

Do anyone have experience about this machine and can share some information for me?

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Daytron D5-is using imetric for milling titanium bars-using exocad. They say white light is better.....10 microns accuracy

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Nobody really tested the imetric and posted the results.

They just "think" it is 5um accurate due to their own in-house testing and customer feedback.

The Medit is just as good IMO for $17k for SE or $20,9 for the Blue.

You can scan fully articulated model set in the Medit. I don't think you have room to do this with imetric.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Here is a data sheet for their industrial one but Scott wont believe it so we make a test three stump model scans and three implant model's always the same model just for repeatability or the way they do digital construction ed model milled with ca. 5 my accuracy than scanned and measured against the digital one.But this is very tricky.I am not the big geomagic guy but i can do it ore we can ask Bernard from Panthera
But for the mini you dont have to choose this scanner the mill is not even in the approach in which the scanned data management to implement. You can by every scanner in the market for that mill but look for the new bigger 5 achs wet one.

http://www.imetric.com/index.php/en/download/category/7-metrology?download=7:s120-
datash
ee

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
I'm picky about margins and I did own a iMetric 102. I got better margins with the iMetric than I get now with my Medit SE..
Some may think it was the mill/Wrong ! I've tried several milling labs including the one I used when I owned the iMetric and still not getting the same accuracy.......You wouldn't think there would be any difference but there was ! One difference on the iMetric is the 3 layer cement setting.... Another improvement on the iMetric is the view of the margins. The shading/color on your monitor you see, its easier to see the margins if you need to raise or drop the margins.. Medit /Exocod is good at marking the margins, iMetric is better, and this maybe part of the difference I saw.
Second thing, you know how you can feel a open margin with your finger nail ! iMetric was much better...
Horst told me his scanner was the most accurate scanner on the market in 2011, and now I believe those words.........
Sorry to all the Medit lovers out there, I'm not feeling the love... but the Medit is a good scanner, just not as good as an iMetric...
No way Scott... Finger nail test doesn't lie lol
Charles

Last edited:
F

fleshfly

Reaction score
Scanner: Imetric D104
CAD software: Exocad ( we dont have any experience with it)
It use white light tech for scanning. It has two cameras (1.3mpixel). From the research I found that they said the accuracy is 0.005mm.

I think the scanner you are talking about is the D104I scanner not the D104.

The D104 does not offer the same accuracy level as the D104i and thus implant positions must be up-dated with a D104i in order to obtain a passive fit for large direct screw retained structures.
Source is the imetric page.

Very diferent prices to...

I have made some tests with imetric 104i and the thing i noticed most was the data void had to repeat scannings in places were zfx for example were able at first. Other then that looks like a great scanner not sure about the 0.005mm precision thing...

Dont know were are you from but were i live imetric and steinbichler scan stii are the same price... take a look at it.

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Hi the guys ! :cool:

The inclination of the support is better on Medit !
I used D100, D101 and D102 and it is always a problem in implantology to get views from under ....

gdallc

gdallc

Reaction score
I am very happy with my Imetric it is a large commercial monster and can easily fit articulated models. After all it could practically fit most scanners inside of it :) Software has a lot to do with how well the scanner works as well. Imetric uses it's own software when scanning and it is much improved from earlier, not that there was ever a problem. Just used to need to do some extra scans at times. It works very well with Exocad. I believe the smaller scanners accuracy are affected more by temp change etc.

C

charles007

Reaction score
GDALLC, "small scanners are affected more by temp change" Don't hold your breath on that statement. Horst, the owner of iMetric told me you can't calibrate to much since temp does affect scanners.

gdallc

gdallc

Reaction score
GDALLC, "small scanners are affected more by temp change" Don't hold your breath on that statement. Horst, the owner of iMetric told me you can't calibrate to much since temp does affect scanners.
Point taken on calibration :), but depending on the work environment the temp can change considerably while you are scanning during a day. Just what I have been told by some. At any rate it is a great scanner not to say others aren't.