Identica scanner issue

A

alphadental

Reaction score
I purchased medit scanner end of december . It was working fine for few month , then it got issue with loose connection of usb port inside and have to go to Korea for warranty repair .
Scanner just came back to my lab , but now have strange issue : I have to spray all dies with the cad spray ( most of my dies need to be block out with wax . I use yeti cad/cam wax) and now wax give srong reflection . When I bought scanner , I did not have to do this.
I can't understand what is happening . Any ideas anyone?

T

Tomlombardi

Reaction score
Are you using a die sealer after trimming? If so, don't. Are the bright spots causing an issue with the scan? I've been using the identica for several months, in the beginning I'd play with the brightness adjustments then realized it doesn't seem to make a difference in the results. Now I just leave it alone and my scans are fine.

A

alphadental

Reaction score
I do not use any sealer , just cad wax to block out undercuts

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
Have you contacted your resealler ?
Your problem can come from different problem. Have you only identica software into your computer or do you use it with different software ? What is your drivers camera and version of software ? What's your strategy of scan (merge volume or merge surface in option) ?
Firstly, you can clean your register, after re install the software and do a new calibration (camera + axes + camera + axes). Tell me the result. If you want you can contact me by mail : [email protected]

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
That was always one of my issues with buying a Identica Scanner, who does the warranty work or services them? Korea? DAMN...

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I have been begging them to give me the info/tools for servicing in the US.

Service is non-existant in the US as of today. They have absolutly no interest in even returning my emails.

Koreans at Medit are pissing me off recently. Good product! Terrible communications!!

Looking for other options, but cannot find any.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Your very unlucky.. guess you got a lemon scanner lol
I spoke with Medit several months ago about the new model coming out later this year. At that time there hadn't been any repairs needed with any Medit scanners sold in the US.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Just a thought, I may be completely wrong- maybe scott can address this: with white light scanners, does traditional scan wax work? Wasn't scan wax for laser scans? If so, any type of wax might reflect light.

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
For some dark wax, you need to do a spray or just parget + blower it's perfect. You can try to change the luminosity too;
About the identica blue, you will see that it's perfect with the wax. The blue light is better than whith for métal and wax.

For people who have some problem with identica software, I can check by team viewer the problem and do to you (free) the support. It's just to help you. But I've got a lot of work also begin july, I can do it if you need.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I use the same Yeti wax on really deep holes -undercuts, flaws, bubbles, etc
Use Sinbrio liquid by Amerian Dental Supply rather than spraying on implants only ..

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
You can mix wax (hot) with plaster powder

Try it ! :)