Howmedica ECM III ?

R

Revolution

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone,

I found your forum while searching for information on a "Howmedica ECM III" induction casting machine.

I am not in the dental lab business, but I worked as a bench jeweler for many years. I now make jewelry as a part time job put of my home studio.

To keep it short and sweet I purchased the before mentioned casting machine "as is condition", I did not pay much for it. I would like to return it to working condition for use in my studio. I am having a very hard time locating a users manual or any information on the operation of this particular machine.

I hope someone here might be able to point me in the right direction!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
The trick with those old warhorses is to keep them clean and cool. If it has a water tank, disconnect it and run filtered tap water through it, and right into the drain. Do not recirculate. Add an argon shield if you want to keep your castings super clean. I'd be surprised if you can find a manual for it. Those things are ancient.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
theres gotta be some better enumeration on this thing, apart from big bold lettering on the front... is there by chance anything near the power cord, any other markings on it?

R

Revolution

Reaction score
The trick with those old warhorses is to keep them clean and cool. If it has a water tank, disconnect it and run filtered tap water through it, and right into the drain. Do not recirculate. Add an argon shield if you want to keep your castings super clean. I'd be surprised if you can find a manual for it. Those things are ancient.
Thanks for the advice on the filtered water. Adding argon shielding will be one of the first upgrades once I have the caster up and running.

R

Revolution

Reaction score
theres gotta be some better enumeration on this thing, apart from big bold lettering on the front... is there by chance anything near the power cord, any other markings on it?

I will post any other part and serial numbers I can find. It might be this weekend before I can post them.

A

Austenal

Reaction score
I might be able to help you.
The company I work for builds the ECM IV.
My name is Don, I have some info on older models.
[email protected]