How do I leave a patient identification in a flexible partial?

troutsnoggle

troutsnoggle

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me how to leave a patients identification in an flexible partial? Cutting out a space to bury it in cold cure acrylic won't work and grinding it in will leave a trap for bacteria to catch into. I'm using Duraflex but any suggestion from anyone that is injecting their flexible material would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I use a Brother Compact PT-2430PC Label Maker set to 4 size and put it in the lingual of a tooth before I inject. I use the black on clear acid free tape you can get up to a 12 character name in a molar.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
I use a Brother Compact PT-2430PC Label Maker set to 4 size and put it in the lingual of a tooth before I inject. I use the black on clear acid free tape you can get up to a 12 character name in a molar.

stole it!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me how to leave a patients identification in an flexible partial? Cutting out a space to bury it in cold cure acrylic won't work and grinding it in will leave a trap for bacteria to catch into. I'm using Duraflex but any suggestion from anyone that is injecting their flexible material would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sharpie :D

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score

Cool Idea, Now if I can get a full size tooth in one of these damn limited VDO case then it should work just fine :)

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
John
Cool Idea, Now if I can get a full size tooth in one of these damn limited VDO case then it should work just fine
I have also just put the name in a clear square with cross wire in it (the ends stick out sometimes I get fancy and put a loop on the ends that will stick in the TCS or duraflex.) (never thought to take pictures and no flexible this mo :( so far, lots of flippers bruxes, immediates, and a few specialty things taking my attention) and another wire that goes into the stone (sort of like a top) to hold it in place in the flexibe, doesn't look as nice but if ya gotta do it in a VDO it works im a pinch and gives ya the radio-opaque at the same time. I use medical grad wires as where you grind off the point it can contact oral fluids.

Last edited:
troutsnoggle

troutsnoggle

Reaction score
Nice technique. I'll look into the medical grade wire for that very purpose. Thanks!

Top Bottom