Hiossen/Osstem scan bodies and milling custom abutments

H

hdent

Reaction score
Hi all!

I have purchased a milling unit and a Smartoptics scanner and am using Exocad.

I would like to be able to design and mill custom abutments and for this I would need scan bodies and a library to use with exocad. The problem is I need all of it for Osstem/Hiossen implant system.

Has anybody had any experience with making custom abutments for that implant system? If so could you share some experience?

Thank in advance!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have yet to find any, if you do I would love to get your contact.

I have been in touch with Hiossen and requested a part be made, I here some talk about hiossen offering milling in the future.

you know how gossip is though may all be just bs

H

hdent

Reaction score
I am aware of them offering custom abutment production. But since I own a complete cad/cam solution and I am able to mill on my own, it's the scan bodies I'm interested in and the library. My osstem represntative tells me that because of their plans to provide a service of custom abutment milling, their are not willing to provide their own libraries or scan bodies.

So I am in a search of someone how managed getting their hand on it :)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
They are super short sighted, I am with you on doing them in house as well, currently we have to wax and cast there restorations now, I am working my end to come up with a solution as this I have several clients that love their fixtures. Problem for us in the US is the FDA.

A

arnie16403

Reaction score
I mill hiossen abutment but my library for them is only for 3shape, exocad is not so easy adding new interfaces to. The problem with Hiossen is getting the screw add a reasonable rate, currently we are some were around $27 for just getting the screw. I can't help much with the exocad, I have added a non egaging library to them, not the fastes or easitst to work with when adding new libraries into their system.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Arnie,

What specific info do you/can you use in the "ConstructionInfo" from exocad with your CAM software?

Scott

H

hdent

Reaction score
Arnie: how did you go about creating the library yourself? What tools did you use?
Did I understand correctly - you managed to create the library for exocad?

Thanks for the info.. :)

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
hdent , which SmartOptics scanner did you buy ?

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
by the way! somebody have anthogyr implants library ?

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Buy DentCAD and DentMILL from delcam, I will provide or customise any implant library with scan bodies. All open scanners.
At a cost ofcourse

A

arnie16403

Reaction score
that's what i use is dentmill, the construction file from exocad can be used by dentmill, it all depends on the libray files being used in exocad, we use delcam's powershape to create a library. Exocad has to be sent to exocad for the library to get finalized. we bought the full package of delcam, powershape, dental, powermill and dentmill. for milling very nise software, for designing i would push everyone to 3shpae, very open system that will import anything into it once you figure it out. It toke about 3 months to get a library into exocad. Scott dentmill will use the implant location and margin ine, what i find is the different libraries beign used in exocad locate the implant different, this can be true in any of the softwares though, it a way to try and basterdize the implant library.

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
DentCAD with its Axiom scan fitting algorithms (implant positioning) can make make any scanner work for implants. Scanner should be able to export die scans.

B

Baerinmom

Reaction score
Hiossen Library

I mill hiossen abutment but my library for them is only for 3shape, exocad is not so easy adding new interfaces to. The problem with Hiossen is getting the screw add a reasonable rate, currently we are some were around $27 for just getting the screw. I can't help much with the exocad, I have added a non egaging library to them, not the fastes or easitst to work with when adding new libraries into their system.

How were you able to get the library for 3Shape? We use Glidewell abutment library and we got a customer who requested hiossen custom abutment.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
DDG has the larger platform scan marker and library for Hiossen.

Not the smaller yet, still waiting.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I think Peter at Allied Dental Solutions can make you a custom Ti abutment on the Hiossen platform. I know he can on the MIS system. He can make any platform you just send him a transfer coping, screw and tissued model.

A

arnie16403

Reaction score
I have a library for 3shape that covers a wide range of implants, hiossen,neoss, all the majors, thommen, and so on. it takes a lot of time to do libraries but not really a hard thing to accomplish. My library is compatible with glidewell scan caps for 3 shape, we support exocad for nonegaging library but haven't got to the engaging library for exocad yet. their are some platforms that we only do in house only because no one makes a scan body and we have made are own but it's not something we are going to produce to sell.

Top Bottom