G93 (inverse time) also diameter of 4th/5th

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone familar with G93 inverse time command to use before any 5-axis continious motions? (G94 turns this off)

Also, I have questions about the setting in my CNC controller for the diameter of 4th/5th axis.

The diameter of rotary table that spins 360 (my B-axis or my 5th axis) is making my brain fry....

The tilting axis diameter (my A-axis or 4th axis) makes total sense to me. I measure from centerline of the tilting axis going away from that to the center of my workoffset.

Scott

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
All the points mentioned by you have to be set in the CAM postprocessor.
If some one knows how to set, it is easy or else you have a big task ahead of you.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
You are wrong.

The diameter of A/B axis is actually set in the CNC controller.

Again, with your "Big task" statement. LOL

It's not all that hard dude....

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Inverse time commands are actually compensated feed rates, so that all axis feedrates are same and a proper synchronisation is achieved while milling.

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
You are wrong.

The diameter of A/B axis is actually set in the CNC controller.

Again, with your "Big task" statement. LOL

It's not all that hard dude....

Good luck :)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
No Luck needed.

In order to use the G93 command, your CNC controller first needs to know the diameter of the 4th/5th.

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_1035_zps14ef4b8d.jpg
ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_1035_zps14ef4b8d.jpg

Last edited:
Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Ohh ok. I will be glad to learn a few things here.
The machine people would have already set these values in the controller. They won't expect the user to do it.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
The Machine people?

Who is this group of "people"? (idiot)

How do they know how I built the mill? You must be joking!

It would be different for EVERY mill! LOL

Of course it came with SOMETHING in the parameter, but it is always wrong.

Last edited:
Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Ohhh, I thought you bought a already built machine.
You were right then, first you set up your controller and then consider what I have written earlier.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I will chill out. Sorry for my attitude.

I am happy to have someone to talk to about this on this forum.

I doubt I will get any other people who have a clue as to what I am talking about.

I see you are skilled in this area, and I thank you for your time.

Please do not underestimate me again. You simply do not know much about me yet.

I have 4000posts+ and I do not expect you to know what I can do in such a short time.

A few months ago, I knew nothing at all about G-code....Give me a few more weeks, and I'll be writing a book

on the subject.

Thanks!
Scott

Last edited:
Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Critics are not always to put you down or demotivate you. I am writing in your post only because you are doing something for this industry, differently.
Please, I have never underestimated you.
It is just that i feel you need some professional help or else you would end up doing things which were already there in place.
No no, don't think I am saying I would be of help. I have very limited information.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
It is all custom made. All of it. Nothing was in place for me or set-up for me from anyone.

It is One of a kind CNC mill and post.

Everything. The fixture, the way the mill is layed out, the CAM, the Controller setting, etc.....

Haas does not make any mill that is ready to run right out of the box. All customers have to adjust everything.

Always been this way, and this is why the mills are a very good value..... if you can get them running. It takes a very special person to do this without proper college training, and/or "professional help" as you say.

Haas never installs the 4th or 4th/5th units in a mill for the customer. They always come shipped in a seperate box.

Otherwise, I would be looking at $300k + for a turn-key mill with this much power and speed.

I knew all this going into the project, and accepted the challange. I am bored and need something to do.

Already torn apart/modified the rest of my machines at work. (Four different printers and a few other makes of mills and furnaces and all other equipment etc...)

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
I know HAAS from the last 9 years. The trunion is optional accessory, hence it comes in a seperate box. But HAAS do install it for you, and also set the required parameters in the controller.
If they have not, you must have specifically asked for it.

A

arnie16403

Reaction score
you sure got the ambition to get this project done, I would like to offer some kind of help but between the dmg and siemens controller I haven't seen a typical G code program in so long I hardly remember what the simple G90 does, I have these lovely Cycle800 function and TRAORI, which is what calls out the 5 axis simutaniosly. It is set in the controller. either the controller manufacure of Haas should have a help line to walk you through that process.

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
TRAORI is a macro called within the G code (which controls the simultaneous 5 axis movements) and it is specific to Siemens. HAAS controller is almost Fanuc based and has their own macros to control the simultaneous 5 axis movements. TRAORI has values which needs to be set in the post and the values needs to match with the physical parameters of the trunion. Cycle800 is for 3+2 (positional 5 axis) movements.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
For those of you wondering what this thread is all about....

In my strategy from SUM3d, we have requested a specific feedrate for each little movement, which is a linear distance of travel of tool tip, over time value. Kinda like MPH in a car.

The CNC controller looks at this, and translates this into various speeds of movements in the axis. When you throw a couple of rotary movements into the mix, things can get tricky. The arcs of the rotarys need to be considered and the distance from centerline amplifies the speed of things the farther away you get from center. Kinda tricky math, and it is function of CNC Controller to spit out the correct movements in harmony with each other in order to best meet the requested feedrate in the Strategy.
Something like that?
Not really that complicated, but I guess it could be?

I am just going over all parameters in my set-up the best I can to make sure accuracy is correct.

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Brave Scott!!! It is not the strategy, it is the post where you will make the changes :) You have not mentioned exactly what problem you are facing, I am just guessing, I doubt even after it is successfully done , it is unlikely to solve your problem.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
What are you talking about? What changes? Changes for what?

Feedrates are absolutly variables in all strategys. Has nothing to do with the post.

Who said I thought my strategy was wrong?

I never said that at all.

Unless you have made your own mill, then you are no help to me.

I was only explaining what we are talking about.

Who said I had a problem anywhere? LOL

Like I said....G93 HAS TO BE in harmony with your CNC Controller setting for your diameter of the rotarys.

I am correct, you are wrong. It is written in the post, yes...but is worth nothing unless you have the controller set correctly.

So far, I have very much impressed the high level techs at Renishaw and Haas.

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I know HAAS from the last 9 years. The trunion is optional accessory, hence it comes in a seperate box. But HAAS do install it for you, and also set the required parameters in the controller.
If they have not, you must have specifically asked for it.

I made custom bracket to hold trunnion sideways! You already saw that!

Why say the trunnion would be installed for me? How the hell would they know what/where I wanted it? Huh?

Nobody held my hand during that procedure. Did not need help to set it up.

I calibrated the position all by myself. I would NEVER trust a service tech to do that for Dental tolerances.

I am using G93 EXACTLY correct. It starts with the correct parameters in the CNC Controller. If you have not entered the correct value there, then you are wrong.
Period. Any further attempt to use the G93 function would result in failure.

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0969.jpg

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0971.jpg

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_Untitled_4.jpg
ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0969.jpg ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0971.jpg ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_Untitled_4.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom