fyi: Imagine Zirconia Connector Size

C

charles007

Reaction score
Just a heads up if your like me and uninformed that connectors should be larger with the newer low MPa zirconia's that are OK to use on bridges. Not ALL are ! I'm using Jensen's Imagine and lovin it on singles and small 3 unit bridges.....Imagine requires 12mm sq. connectors and the reason I wrote this post... Hate to see anyone having failures from pushing the limits.
Imagine zirconia has giving me the same excitement I had with my first emax crown I pressed back in 2008. Gone are the days of dead opaque looking zirconia. Finally a material that rivals all the other materials we use daily :)
One of the reasons that led me to Imagine is the 769 MPa which is higher than all the rest of the new lower MPa translucent zirconia's. Also seeing nice shading on fcz pontics. I'm using Imagine on almost 100% of my zirconia cases with zero failures and the few bridges I've done. Only time I'm not using Imagine is on dark stump cases. To be honest I was a little nervous at first using a lower strength zirconia but all I can say, I'm having smooth sailing and doctors are asking me to please use that newer translucent zirconia.

Sorry if I sound like I work for Jensen promoting Imagine ! I called Jensen today asking if its ok to use Imagine on an extra wide span 3 unit posterior bridge and learned of the increased requirement on connectors..

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
You ARE working for Jensen...youre just not getting paid.;)

I love them too.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up in letting us know, Charles :)...let alone your impression and success rate with Imagine.